Terraformation is restoring the world's forests to help solve climate change and build thriving communities. Our mission is to help solve climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution. We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects. We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission. Learn more at terraformation.com
Remote; US or Europe Salary:
$100,000 - 150,000 depending on experience, plus equityJob Mission
The Capital Formation Business Development Manager will identify, source, and cultivate financial partnerships with entities interested in supporting our mission of planting 1 trillion trees by 2030. They will seek to understand an organization's net zero goals and explore how nature-based carbon credits generated from our Seed to Carbon Forest Accelerator can achieve their interests.
- Source and form strategic partnerships with future carbon buyers; ideally resulting in MOUs or LOIs to purchase carbon from Terraformation Accelerator graduates, and with the potential of generating revenue for the company
- Effectively communicate carbon buyer requirements to our Accelerator Operations team, while also regularly updating prospective partners of upcoming graduate projects
- Actively identify and build relationships with key industry associations, memberships, and networks to enhance the profile and development of Terraformation
- Collaborate with cross functional marketing, legal, finance and forestry partnership teams
- Manage CRM (HubSpot) pipeline and maintain records
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes, while regularly reporting on shifts that may have an impact on strategic directions
- 5+ years of business development experience
- Proven commercial/enterprise deal making experience in any natural assets industry (on either demand or supply side)
- Proven ability to successfully drive complex contract negotiations with senior counterparts at enterprise partners
- Proven ability to learn and communicate highly technical topics
- Strong self-starter; relentless
- Strong presentation skills including slide/pitch authoring
- Expertise with forest restoration
- Expertise with nature based carbon sequestration and carbon credits standards
- Proven deal making experience in the climate space (could be related to carbon credit sales, renewable energy, writing/ratifying new carbon standards, carbon project financing, or carbon tracking/audit/MRV, etc.)
- Multinational/international deal making experience
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy Terraformation requires anyone who engages in in-person activities (e.g., team meetings, meetings with vendors, visits to one of our worksites) or travels for work related purposes to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex including gender identity or expression, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, credit history, genetic history, arrest and court record, military service, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status if the domestic or sexual violence victim provides notice to Terraformation of such status or Terraformation has actual knowledge of such status, or any other protected category recognized by Hawaii and federal laws.