This is a dynamic role, best suited for a person who is highly ambitious, independent, and personable. You'll be responsible for developing a robust pipeline of project opportunities by building relationships with channel partners and potential clients. In addition to managing your own day-to-day schedule, meeting with clients, and analyzing opportunities, you will work closely with the stakeholders across our business to structure a platform for future growth, acting as a key member of the team as we grow our presence in California. You should possess a deep understanding of energy technologies and the energy landscape in the region alongside exceptional business and sales acumen.
We're ideally looking for someone to be based either in the LA or Bay Areas.
- Develop a robust pipeline of microgrid opportunities in line with SMS’ overarching California go-to-market strategy
- Strengthen relationships with channel partners through consistent engagement
- Bring thoughtful, innovative ideas to strategic discussions
- Perform initial analysis of microgrid opportunities to determine baseline feasibility, work with the Project Development team and Operations Director to further scope and refine project opportunities
- Work with clients through the entire project development phase to ensure the project flows continuously through the pipeline from lead generation through commissioning and operational phases.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines within SMS to improve processes and drive overall business efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, environmental science, engineering, or another related field
- Experience working in the energy sector and a deep knowledge of California’s energy landscape
· Expert knowledge in one or more of the following: energy markets, policy landscape, and technology
- Sales or business development experience with a proven track record (5+ years preferred)
- Demonstrated desire to take on leadership positions and management responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal oversight to excel
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Based in California and willing to regularly travel within the state
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $80 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 250 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.