SPAN develops products that accelerate the rapid adoption of renewable energy in the home. The flagship SPAN Smart Panel is the first true evolution for the traditional home electric panel, harnessing enhanced technology for metering, monitoring, and control. An expanded product suite of intelligent, integrated solutions radically lowers the cost and complexity of energy upgrades–including solar, batteries and EVs–empowering homeowners to be active, resilient and informed players in the energy market.
SPAN is growing fast and we’re looking for a Regional Sales & Marketing Manager to call on our distribution channel. This is a highly impactful role that will require an energetic, passionate salesperson familiar with electrical distribution that wants to help the industry shift to electrification for a cleaner future. A key to success will be the ability to work cross functionally with regional sales teams and national account managers to ensure distribution can support installer and builder sales in the market.
- Develop and execute local distribution sales and marketing plans that align with the corporate strategy to deliver sales and increased market share with each identified distributor
- Partner with the regional or local distributor marketing teams to onboard new installers, host training events, execute promotions and marketing spiffs, and rollout counter merchandising
- Collaborates with the National Account Managers to provide inputs to strategy and corporate plans and reports out on regional activity in support of the corporate plans
- Conducts regular business reviews and presents outcomes to channel leadership
- Engage across all aspects of the distributors business - electrical, EV, renewables, etc. to deliver sales opportunities for the distributor and SPAN
- Work with regional sales teams to ensure available distribution supports the regional installer sales plans
- Support the local awareness and onboarding of installers through distribution to create pull campaigns with local sales teams
- Understand and monitor industry trends and opportunities for SPAN to expand the business model within distribution
- Perform functions as an individual contributor listed above, but also serve as a leader to the team of regional sales & marketing reps.
- In the leadership capacity, support the development, training, and success of team members through coaching and regular feedback sessions
- Prepare reporting and documentation to parlay performance metrics to the executive team
- Conduct employee reviews as a bi-annual cycle - reward success and address opportunities for improvement with team members
We are seeking a Regional Sales and Marketing Manager who has:
- 7+ years of experience and success selling or marketing to distributors in the electrical and/or renewables industries
- Demonstrated ability for the art of technical sales: driving urgency, consultative selling and closing business
- Strong project management with a focus on execution
- A solid and genuine understanding of technology, specifically relevant to smart home and sustainable or renewable energy
- Ability to engage key stakeholders to execute locally on corporate plans
- Ability to get things done in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong team-player with proven track record of working effectively with all stakeholders
- Effective sales leader that has led teams of 3+ previously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive mindset and attitude, and a passion for rapidly scaling residential electrification and renewable energy solutions
- Up to 60% travel may be required
- Prior distribution or manufacturer representative experience
- Experience working with national distributors on a local basis to deliver results
- Experience in residential systems sales
- Managed team of >5 sales reps and >$50M in sales
Life at SPAN
SPAN embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant SoMa neighborhood, we are an eclectic group of creative thinkers who value open communication, teamwork, and a ‘make it happen’ approach to addressing complex challenges.
We’re hiring talented individuals who are driven by success and are passionate about shaping the future of renewable energy. If that sounds like you, we’d love for you to consider joining the rapidly growing team at SPAN.
⚡ Competitive compensation + equity grants at a well-funded, venture-backed company
⚡ Comprehensive benefits (including medical; dental, vision, life and disability insurance)
⚡ Comfortable, sunny office space located near BART and Caltrain public transit
⚡ Strong focus on teambuilding and company culture (events, meet-ups, clubs)
⚡ Flexible hours and unlimited PTO
Interested in joining our team? Submit an application today and we’ll be in touch with next steps!