Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
We are looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to lead the mechanical design of the battery module in Form Energy’s long-duration energy storage system. This role will be responsible for mechanical architecture trade studies, component design, and cost analysis, and will focus on converting a conceptual design into a detailed mechanical design, with emphasis on design for manufacture and assembly. You will have deep experience in mechanical design for production and be comfortable working in multi-disciplinary technical teams. You enjoy finding creative solutions to mechanical design challenges, bring experience designing for a breadth of manufacturing techniques, and execute rigorous design processes to ensure product success.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Form Energy’s battery module mechanical design, moving through our product development process from concept design to manufacture
- Develop functional requirements in close collaboration with members of Form’s product and technology development teams
- Perform hands-on prototyping of your designs
- Work with manufacturing engineers and technical operations to transition designs from the prototype stage to high volume internal production
- Collaborate with testing teams to define and execute validation test plans
- Support the design, build, and test of engineering prototypes
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of industry experience in mechanical design
- Direct experience taking a mechanical design through the product development process beginning with a conceptual design to a high-volume product
- Expert in computer aided design (CAD) and geometric tolerancing and dimensioning (GD&T)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Hands-on prototyping experience including machining, fabrication, and welding a plus
The salary range for this role is $217,475-$268,290. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.