Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the development of new products from the concept phase through full-scale production. You will be involved in early-stage engineering and manufacturing builds along with engaging suppliers from prototype volume through high-volume production. You’ll have the chance to work with a cross-functional team including Technical Program Managers, Battery Product Design, Validation & Development Operations, and Advanced Manufacturing, as well as numerous other teams to manage the risks associated with early development builds.
What You'll Do:
- Find and manage suppliers for prototype parts to ensure quality parts are delivered in a timely manner. This includes getting quotes from and onboarding suppliers as needed.
- Solicit, compile, and present DFx feedback to the Battery Product Design team from external suppliers as well as the Advanced Manufacturing and Validation and Development Operations teams
- Support Supply Chain as the technical point of contact for RFx efforts as well as developing the technical data package used for soliciting bids from suppliers.
- Lead build readiness efforts to ensure Advanced Manufacturing and Validation and Development teams have all necessary technical information (BOMs, drawings, etc.) required to kick off prototype build efforts
- Utilize BOMs and CAD models to develop initial manufacturing cost estimates of parts and assemblies based on market information and supplier feedback.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) in hardware development and BS degree in mechanical/ manufacturing engineering or related field
- Experience creating/maintaining engineering Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Experience taking at least one new product from the concept phase through production
- Experience with product lifecycle management tools (i.e. Arena PLM) and Google Workspace
- Experience sourcing low-volume parts to complete prototype builds
The salary range for this role is $124,250 - $153,270. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.