Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The Advanced Manufacturing Team’s goal is to scale our manufacturing processes from the laboratory to high speed, full scale production. During this transformation we will apply process and manufacturing engineering tools to redefine our manufacturing methods, introduce automation and decrease variability. To accomplish this monumental task, we have cross-functional teams of brilliant individuals who are passionate about clean energy for a better world. We need your help to design, build, test, break, learn, and create solutions to Form’s most pressing challenges. This is a great opportunity to solve a wide range of technical problems across Form’s team and take ownership of a project of your own. We are looking for an intern to join for the summer of 2023.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Measure, test, and learn about our manufacturing processes
- Perform experiments to establish process parameter to performance relationships
- Implement process improvements, seeking to reduce variation and increase throughput
- Perform hands-on prototyping processing fixtures and equipment
- Produce engineering documents such as standard operating procedures, technical drawings, and supporting design justification
- Work with the Advanced Manufacturing team members on various projects based on your skills/interests and Form’s top priorities
- Promote safety, especially in the development of new laboratory processes or experiments
What You'll Bring:
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or related field
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Experience in computer-aided design (CAD)
- Prototyping and hands-on prototyping experience
- Curiosity and a problem-solving mindset
- Battery experience is not required
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.