Project Canary is the leading provider of on-demand climate insights for emission-intensive companies. Our company provides operational insights, emissions data, and Verified Climate Attributes™ to decarbonize energy systems by integrating sensor data with real-time portal and in-depth data analytics. We are the leaders of independently verified climate credentials that support investment, safety, reporting, and disclosure actions.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical emissions data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a category leader in the continuous monitoring space. Through a mission driven approach Project Canary uses dynamic means for cross team collaboration to achieve our very best for our planet and people alike. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Series A of $10M in 2021
- Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6 & ranked in the top 5% in 2 categories
- 2022 Best Company to Work For by both the Denver Business Journal and the Denver Post
- Headcount growth by 3X in 2022 and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work and are eager to collaborate, we want to hear from you.
The Demand Generation Manager will play a critical role in our scale-up (post Series B growth). They will focus on the entire customer base, growing that base, retaining each customer, and supporting a reputable brand as we move MarCom efforts beyond the US borders. Simply put, your core objective is to maximize all growth opportunities for the business at each stage of the funnel. This means you will work with a cross-functional team across sales, product, technology, and more. You will help bring the best of climate-change technologies to businesses in multiple industrial sectors. You will use data and experimentation to drive growth, while testing and iterating. You will fine-tune small details and strategically think about the overall plan. Are you ready to fight hard for the climate and the growth of our approach to drive results?
We're in a marketing-friendly environment with flex in/out of office time. We move fast and have high expectations but also protect our time off and our family time. We love our pets and afternoon hikes, too!
- Uncover user insights, define key segments, and drive customer acquisition and growth programs across owned and paid channels in collaboration with other growth organizations.
- Set up measurement plans, and track impact of initiatives and experiments.
- Drive experience optimizations throughout the customer journey using A/B and multivariate testing tools.
- Execute acquisition campaigns across all digital media mix channels including paid search, display, video, remarketing, and programmatic.
- Oversee the website acquisition growth roadmap informed by qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Forecast, measure, and analyze the impact of programs in terms of conversions, activations, and growth. Improve, iterate, and expand the programs over time.
- Deep experience with digital marketing tools and ad platforms (e.g., Analytics, Google Ads, etc.) and with data tools for visualization, analysis, and reporting (e.g., Data Studio, Tableau, Sheets, etc.).
- Optimize and improve marketing automation system including but not limited to marketing workflows, lead scoring, and campaign management
- Work with the design team to create beautifully branded, effective marketing materials for web, social, email, events, print, and video
- Brainstorm and implement new and creative growth strategies. Evaluate emerging trends, competitors, and make recommendations for adoption when appropriate
- Work closely, and collaboratively with Sales and Customer Success (CS) to maintain and grow the leads and contact databases in Salesforce, integrated with Pardot, along with Salesforce reporting and insights to monitor and track the success (and areas of growth) for Account-Based-Marketing, inbound, and outbound campaigns to meet and exceed corporate goals.
- Develop and manage dashboard for seamless reporting and collaboration between Marcom, CS, and Sales.
- Gather and analyze quantitative/qualitative feedback from Sales on Marketing-generated Leads for closed-loop marketing action
Education and experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in growth marketing, influencing media efficiency and conversion rates at a B2B or B2C technology or SaaS company.
- Experience in collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams including Product, Sales, CS, and Technology/Science to launch and expand growth initiatives.
- Experience working in a results-driven environment, analyzing performance, running A/B experiments, and finding optimization actions from the results.
- BS/BA in marketing, business, or related field preferred
- Proficiency in marketing automation platforms such as Pardot and Salesforce, and ABM platforms
- Results-oriented performance marketer who thrives on identifying and executing growth opportunities; track record of performance growth and expansion in a variety of paid, owned, and earned marketing channels
- Ability to multitask, handle pressure and meet challenging objectives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment without a lot of direction or oversight
- Idea-forward self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced growth environment
- Salary range: $85,000-$135,000 annual base
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice monthly stipend – choice between parking/public transportation, wellness assistance, or a combo
- Hybrid work environment
- Dog friendly office
Project Canary provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.