Who is Optera?
We build software to help the world’s largest companies stop climate change. Our market-leading products provide companies with the tools and insight they need to reduce the environmental impacts of their businesses, supply chains, and products. We are backed by some of the most respected US-based venture capital firms and have a robust client list, including leading Fortune 500 companies such as Dell, Cisco, HPE, Williams-Sonoma, and Target.
What problem are we solving?
In short, Optera is the data solution to stop climate change. Major corporations are the largest source of carbon emissions. Across the globe, companies are responding to pressure to address climate change by setting goals to aggressively reduce emissions by 2050. Our software enables corporate teams to collect, manage, and analyze emissions data across their operations, supply chain, and products, all with the aim of achieving their goals and mitigating climate change.
Why work at Optera?
Our team dedicates our skills, talents, and time to make the world a more sustainable place for future generations. We have a collaborative and dynamic culture where everyone plays a critical role and has room to learn and grow. Balance between work and life is key to our success, and we provide our teammates the flexibility, space, and support to thrive personally and professionally.
Why this opportunity?
Optera is growing faster than ever and we are rapidly expanding our market leading product and services. We are looking for a Marketing Manager to develop and scale creative and impactful marketing programs that build brand awareness and help connect Optera with our target audience. Join us on our journey to deliver the best sustainability management software in the world.
The role and responsibilities
- Create and manage Optera’s demand and lead generation marketing programs from start to finish, including campaign ideation, setup, reporting, optimization, and project-level budgets
- Track key performance indicators for the Marketing function and regularly report on progress and recommendations to senior leadership
- Set up and manage an email marketing system to engage with prospects and customers
- Manage engagements with industry marketing partners, including event and content sponsorships
- Contribute to Optera’s content and marketing materials, including developing blog posts, social media posts, paid media creative, case studies, and sales collateral
- Proactively research and analyze market and customer trends, sharing with the wider Optera team to inform our strategic direction
- Collaborate regularly with leadership and team members across Sales, Services, Operations, and Product
- Stay up-to-date on best practices and share new ideas for how to tell Optera’s brand story and reach its target audience
- Partner with Director of Marketing, as well as other team members, on special projects as needed
- As a founding member of the growing marketing team, help shape the future direction of the marketing function and team at Optera
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) to both internal and external audiences
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a proven ability to independently manage a wide range of varied projects at once
- Self-directed and motivated to build and manage new programs from scratch
- Curious, with a love of learning and developing new skills
- Committed to upholding strong values and principles in the workplace, and maintaining a supportive, collaborative, and fun work environment
- Interest in sustainability and being part of the climate change solution.
- Multiple years of experience in B2B marketing
- Proven experience leading successful lead generation, content marketing, and/or CRM marketing programs end-to-end
- Expertise in reporting on the impact of marketing efforts and analyzing quantitative evidence to inform decisions
- Prior experience managing to a marketing budget
Nice to have
- Prior experience successfully marketing SaaS products
- Experience in a small, growing marketing team or high-growth startup
- Knowledge of marketing and CRM software, especially Wordpress, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Excel/Google Sheets, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, and paid media tools like LinkedIn Campaign Manager and Google Ads
- Prior experience in environmental or adjacent industries is a plus
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Optera is committed to creating a diverse environment that is safe and welcoming to all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We take this very seriously and expect that you do too.
- Unrestricted PTO and flexible work schedule
- Recharge Fridays: Every other Friday off
- Health insurance including dental and vision
- Short and Long term Disability Insurance
- 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave (8 weeks paid)
- Wellness budget
- Budget for home/office workstation
- Professional development budget
- 401k with 4% company match and ESG investment options
- Company-wide Bonus program
- Colorado Eco-pass (regional bus pass)
- Team happy hours, hikes/bike rides, and ping-pong
Location: Remote (US and Canada) with optional office in Boulder, Colorado
Base Salary (US): $75,000 - $95,000 plus bonus
How to Apply
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Manager– [Your Name].”