Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow? Role Description
The manager of pilot operations will build and manage the operations team that is responsible for battery production lines at Form Energy. You will work at the intersection of the manufacturing engineering, product development and facility operations teams to deliver a high quality manufacturing operations team. This team will be responsible for operating the latest iterations of electrode lines and products in our production facility. This is a great opportunity to build a team from scratch and join in the early stages of a small but rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will lead a team of 20-30 manufacturing associates and technicians who are responsible for delivering high quality electrodes to our battery assembly team.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area). Relocation assistance available.
What You'll Do:
- Hire and manage the operations team to support the business needs to deliver Form’s daily electrode production targets
- Own the production line and achievement of the daily goals
- Own the operational planning, staffing, procedures, fast learnings and culture of meeting ambitious production goals
- Develop and generate daily reports on progress and blockers to ensure the team is execution focused and constantly improving
- Drive continued development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that enable operational excellence
- Act as a player/coach spending the majority of your time on the manufacturing floor
- Coordinate closely with our pilot manufacturing operation in Eighty Four, PA to harvest learning from ongoing NPI efforts at that location including regular time at that site supporting and observing operations there
- Motivate your team to deliver on the daily goals and hold them accountable for performance and output with high energy and enthusiasm
- Act as a standard bearer for manufacturing operations at Form Energy
- Own the safety, health and well-being of the manufacturing team by ensuring responsible practices are used to protect them and their work environment
- Leverage the Form culture to create an inclusive working environment where team members are engaged, feel valued, and are motivated to be strong contributors
- Proactively coach and mentor shift supervisors and manufacturing associates to increase their contribution
- Actively develop and implement an operations strategy that supports the business objectives
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in pilot operations or manufacturing
- 5+ years of leadership experience as a supervisor or similar
- Empathic leader that can manage and supervise shift leaders and associates of all skill levels and ages
- Familiar with mechanical or/and electrical assemblies
- Experience in strategic and tactical project and work order management
- Ability to make things with your own hands and desire to pass your skills on to others
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.