At Zoomo, we're leading the charge to transition every urban delivery mile to light electric vehicles (LEV) to build carbon-neutral cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable and safe LEV platform.
Since 2019, Zoomo has raised over US$100M from some of the world’s savviest investors and built world-leading utility e-bikes and a disruptive business model for their distribution and maintenance. We're a fast-growing start-up with a global footprint across Australia, United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain and the Philippines, where we are now the trusted partner to some of the world's leading and most innovative companies like UberEats, DoorDash, Deliveroo, Jokrs, Gorillas, Just Eat, Getir, and many more.
As a Commercial Strategy Senior Associate, you will report to the Commercial Strategy Manager and drive the commercial strategy for Zoomo i.e. which customers, with what product and with what offer. In this super green, rapidly evolving last mile delivery space you will be leading the charge on coming up with innovative new business models that work for Zoomo and our customers and allow us to scale up rapidly together. This role straddles ops and strategy, your ideas will be implemented in a few weeks (or days!) and you will likely get to oversee the implementation.
This is a global role. You will work alongside the Sales, Operations teams in Europe, the US and Australia as well as Product and Planning teams at HQ in Sydney to ensure what you are proposing is commercially viable, value creating and implementable.
- Become a subject matter expert in our offering, our competitors and how Zoomo customers are profoundly impacted by our solutions
- Understand the now and future of the micromobility, on-demand and last mile industries to shape where and how Zoomo excels
- Be a strategist. Harness and define the revenue strategy (which customers, where) and the new and innovative commercial propositions that will drive Zoomo's market leadership
- Measure market opportunity and collect user insights to direct the shape of our hardware, software and accessories offerings with the product team
- Lead and project manage all aspects of the go-to-market of new commercial propositions and pilots, from idea to post-delivery analytics, from high level design to nitty gritty operations
- Data-driven mindset
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, strategy/data roles at high growth companies or other data-heavy fields
- Ability to think creatively and adopt first principles thinking to come up with unique solutions
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty and put your hypotheses to the test through the design, project management and post-delivery analytics of real-life pilots
- Understanding of the on demand food, grocery, micro-mobility and last mile logistics space
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy and influence in work across multiple departments
- You are empathetic, curious and strategic. You can learn Zoomo’s product intimately, you can understand the needs of customers before they do and structure innovative solutions to maximise the value they get from Zoomo
- A relationships person with a passion for going the extra 10% for customers and adding smiles to the miles
- You are an exceptional communicator and can articulate what really matters to a client or in a deal
- You’re a self-starter and excited by a growth environment. You’re willing to try new strategies while keeping the focus on achieving results and have a bias for action.
- Humility is something that comes naturally to you. You’re a born collaborator, you seek and give feedback and you care about getting to the right answer more than who came up with it
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Even if you don’t think you tick all the boxes, but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you.
At Zoomo, you will get exposure to many technologies, and be around some very talented people in a highly collaborative space. We are looking for exceptional people and will offer a package and environment to match.
- Jumping aboard a rocket ship at the ground floor
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong management team and global presence
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
- Attractive remuneration package and benefits (Base + variable bonus ++)
- Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined even existed, at high pace