About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager with knowledge and experience to guide, develop, and grow the members of one of our Engineering teams that is focused on cross-cutting product areas, such as User Authentication and Authorization and frameworks that enable other product teams to contribute to and manage relevant aspects of our product within the product area that those teams are responsible for. This role is remote from the United States or Canada.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- As a servant leader, you will work jointly with the team to set the strategy for and execute on the development of services and components to build a first-class enterprise platform for our customers
- Collaborate closely with PMs, Designers, and QA to manage execution on product-facing engineering pods
- Invest in coaching, mentoring, and customized growth plans for each person reporting to you
- Monitor and improve development processes to drive productivity and happiness with a distributed engineering team
- Partner cross-functionally with stakeholders to drive customer-centric engineering practices
What we value:
- Thoughtful, humble, and mature people-centric engineering leader who subscribes to the tenets of servant leadership
- 4+ years of engineering management experience working closely in partnership with PMs, Designers, and QA
- Methodical and process-oriented
- Thrives in a sustainably-paced, high-growth, team-focused environment
- Passionate about building, retaining, and developing distributed teams
- Outstanding communication skills and a natural inclination to collaborate
- Proficient in cross-functional consensus building and influencing
- A strong technical ability to guide architecture and craftsmanship
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges in each zone are:
- Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $198,000.00 - $268,000.00- Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $181,500.00 - $245,500.00- Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $165,000.00 - $223,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.