Think Smart Electric Vehicles & Modern Mobility are super cool? Get a kick out of driving strategy and execution for scaled impact? Want to participate in building out a meaningful business from the ground up? Then this opportunity might be for you: The Business & Corporate Development Team at NIO USA is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of NIO’s Go-To-Market for the Americas. This is a strategic corporate initiative, sponsored by the CEO, and comes with high visibility and tall expectations! NIO's Go-To-Market approach has an intense focus on the user experience – on car and beyond the car, throughout the journey of user association with NIO. All supporting operational services and functions must seamlessly come together for launch to bring our target user experiences to life, enabling the business to thrive.
As Head of Market Readiness (PMO), you will be the master planner – responsible for the Program Management of the end-to-end readiness of workstreams that go into supporting launches into new markets.
This position reports to the Chief Business Officer, U.S. at our San Jose, CA office.
- Develop the detailed master plan for launch into new markets, aligning individual workstreams into concerted “system readiness”. The master plan must derive from a deep understanding of the NIO way, adapted for the target markets.
- Drive the Program Management execution of the master plan, driving the overall success of the launch via deep collaboration with teams running individual workstreams that contribute to launch readiness. Workstreams range from infrastructure readiness to system readiness to selling readiness, with multiple others in between.
- Responsible for establishing, communicating, and tracking launch KPIs.
- Responsible for constant iterative de-risking of launch readiness, with appropriate contingencies to ensure “full system readiness” at launch. Responsible for keeping management apprised of the progress and risks.
- Responsible for identifying and solving for market specific operational constraints (regulatory, legal, permitting).
- Develop and institute region-level standardized launch process, set up for scaling.
- For all assigned responsibilities, expected to own the outcome: evangelize, lead, collaborate, motivate, persuade - internally and externally, and deliver exceptional outcomes backed by world-class work-product!
- 10+ years of experience in sales operations functions for a premium Automotive OEM.
- 2+ years successful product launch into new markets.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking and executing multiple complex projects simultaneously from start to finish.
- Excellent communication skills, extremely collaborative with meticulous organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain transparency across workstream leads and to the North American GTM management team.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, iterative, global start-up environment.
- Start-up attitude with high motivation and willingness to take on a big challenge with potential for significant impact.
- Bias towards action, willingness to roll up sleeves and "solve" forward. High level, out-of-box thinker with logic and cadence behind each decision.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $163,500 - $212,400.
- Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus, equity, or benefits.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer and a leading company in the premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, develops, jointly manufactures and sells premium smart electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in autonomous driving, digital technologies, electric powertrains and batteries. NIO differentiates itself through its continuous technological breakthroughs and innovations, such as its industry-leading battery swapping technologies, Battery as a Service, or BaaS, as well as its proprietary autonomous driving technologies and Autonomous Driving as a Service, or ADaaS. NIO’s product portfolio consists of the ES8, a six-seater smart electric flagship SUV, the ES7 (or the EL7), a mid-large five-seater smart electric SUV, the ES6, a five-seater all-round smart electric SUV, the EC7, a five-seater smart electric flagship coupe SUV, the EC6, a five-seater smart electric coupe SUV, the ET7, a smart electric flagship sedan, and the ET5, a mid-size smart electric sedan.Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.