We are looking for someone organized and detail-oriented, who will provide leadership in the development of an enterprise health, safety and environmental strategy, performance, and compliance platform. The EHS manager will be responsible for coordinating continuous improvements, and compliance efforts, driving risk reduction initiatives, collaborating in the development and adherence of company, applicable general industry, and construction standards and best practices.
This person is passionate about the work Generate is doing, all aspects of environmental and industrial safety, and applying their experience to help scale a growing business and drive the development of critical internal processes and initiatives to expand and strengthen corporate safety culture.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as the Manager, Environmental Health and Safety:
- Implementing an Environmental and Safety Management System using ISO guidelines
- Facility compliance assessments (general industry and construction applications)
- Process and policy review/development and enforcement
- Coordination with project managers and field staff in develop and coordination of safety plans to support technical maintenance requirements
- Manage internal communication flow for safety issues, concern, near misses, lessons learned, incidents
- Development of emergency response planning, training documents and procedures
- Development and management of in internal safety committee with focus on a troubleshooting forum to discuss management/safety challenges, personnel assignments, facility acquisitions and transition plans providing a resource guide to face safety related challenges
- Manage incident reporting and investigation processes
- Develop standards and best practices for contractor prequalification
- Track number of incidents, training activities, , and produce management reports
- Create and manage safety curriculum and databases to ensure effective training; support and develop training and communications for faculty and staff
- Perform (or oversee) industrial hygiene monitoring activities
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- 7+ years experience working in the safety or environmental industry
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field Master’s degree desired, but not required.
- Professional certification in related field: Registered Environmental Manager (REM), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Extensive knowledge of environmental and safety regulations and policies
- Prior experience with creating and documenting EHS ISO processes
- A team builder who is able to coach and mentor team members and work closely with employees on their continued development
- Resilient self-starter, who can act independently and learn quickly within a rapidly evolving environment
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Experience in a growth company is preferable
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $125,000-160,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Religious or medical-based exemptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.