Freight trucking is responsible for 3X more emissions than all other commercial vehicle types combined in the US, and has demonstrated very rapid customer adoption once unit economics are proven. Jaro seeks to deliver a critical enabling technology for this industry to electrify.
Working at Jaro means not only tackling this enormous source of greenhouse gas emissions and urban air pollution, but also redefining how climate startups treat their employees.
As the Hiring Manager at Jaro, you will build our team across specialties with a strong focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) as we grow to meet increasing market demands for a novel vehicle charging technology poised to transform the electric semi-trucking industry. These contributions are foundational for Jaro’s growth as we work to address a $20B emerging market and a huge, unresolved source of climate emissions and urban pollution.
This role requires at least 25% onsite presence at our Oakland, CA location.
What you'll do:
- Lead, execute, and iterate on an overall recruitment & hiring strategy that prioritizes DEIB, fairness, and quality.
- Evaluate and manage external recruitment partners as necessary to support top-of-funnel candidate flow.
- Manage day-to-day hiring operations, including internal and external communications, interviews, scheduling, decision-making, and feedback.
- Explore and act upon efficient and effective talent attraction strategies including advertising media, job fairs, job boards, college recruitment, networking opportunities, external agencies, and other resources to meet staffing needs.
- Develop and improve processes to support team scaling and growth.
- Opportunity to grow and expand responsibilities into more People Operations, Onboarding & Retention, Human Resources (HR), DEIB, and/or Business Operations areas.
- Contribute to early team culture, strategy, and organization at Jaro.
- 3+ years of professional experience in People Operations, HR, Business Operations, Recruitment, or similar fields.
- Strong work habits and organizational skills for balancing competing priorities, with a drive towards getting things done.
- Clear, effective, and empathetic communication skills.
- Ability to learn and communicate role needs across different engineering and other specialties.
- Ability to externally represent Jaro professionally, attractively, and authentically.
- Think creatively and opportunistically to solve problems and challenge convention.
- Value diverse ideas, backgrounds, and problem-solving strategies.
- Thrive in a nimble, small-team environment with significant individual autonomy.
- Prior experience developing or managing recruitment and hiring programs, team growth, and/or DEIB programs.
- Experience recruiting for or supporting technical teams.
- Experience in clean technology, EV charging, or environmental fields.
It looks like we are looking for a lot, but what we really need are good passionate people. If you feel like you can contribute to Jaro, you're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We welcome diverse perspectives and backgrounds, and your skills might be a great fit for this or other roles!
Compensation and Benefits
- Transparent, equitable, and market-competitive compensation package, including salary and stock options with extended exercise windows
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with premiums covered at 100% for employees and 75% for dependents
- Paid parental leave for all employees
- Unlimited vacation policy with 3 weeks encouraged, plus additional company time off around winter holidays
- Discretionary funds for self care, professional development, and community relationship building
- Specific professional development program option for women in STEM, through Gotara partnership
- Flexible WFH policy within the needs of the role
About Jaro Fleet Technologies
Jaro Fleet Technologies exists to accelerate the widespread adoption of electric semi-trucks. Founded by an experienced electric vehicle expert (Apple SPG, 3 startups, MIT, Stanford) and well-capitalized by top-tier venture capital firms (Pale Blue Dot, Lerer-Hippeau, Box Group), Jaro Fleet Technologies is developing a breakthrough charging technology and highly-scalable customer acquisition model to rapidly electrify the fastest growing segment of US freight trucking.
Jaro Fleets is a Public Benefit Corporation in which each employee has rights to protect the company’s mission, has an annual vote on CEO performance, and is empowered to prevent workplace discrimination. By inviting diverse, passionate employees to thrive in a more equitable organizational model, Jaro seeks to demonstrate a better way to solve climate.
Join Jaro’s team to help us build this vision.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.