Terraformation is restoring the world's forests to help solve climate change and build thriving communities.
Our mission is to help solve climate change by restoring the planet’s forests. We believe that native forest ecosystems are the most effective, safe, and scalable carbon capture systems on Earth. We work with partners all over the world to accelerate successful restoration projects and scale this climate solution.
We’re innovating in both forest tech and green finance. We’ve developed accessible, low-cost solutions to native forest restoration, including off-grid seed banks to store millions of seeds anywhere, open-source software to measure tree health and growth, and accessible forestry training programs. We’re also developing novel financing structures to support local communities as they undertake restoration projects.
We’re a unique mix of foresters, technology experts, and creative communicators brought together by our common mission.
Learn more at terraformation.com
Location: Remote; US
Salary: ($100,000 - $130,000, plus equity)Job Mission
Terraformation is hiring a Senior Accounting Manager for a lead role on the Accounting team. Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Accounting Manager will ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual accounting processes and reporting are closely managed, allowing Terraformation to push forward in its mission of planting 1 trillion trees by 2030. This is a critical role that will help monitor our financial accounting as we continue to grow our projects around the world.
Travel: This role will require minimal travel
- Assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process, including the preparation and review of journal entries and supporting work papers for key balance sheet and expense accounts
- Create and maintain accounting schedules and roll-forwards for fixed assets, prepaids and accruals, record associated monthly adjusting journal entries, and report on results when necessary
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reporting in cash management and forecasts, costs, and expenses
- Support annual internal and external financial and international statutory audits, including the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and footnotes
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle
- Support management team with ad hoc requests
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- BS/BA in accounting is required (Masters preferred), and 4+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience
- CPA qualification
- Experience with US GAAP, with ASC 606, ASC 842, and R&D capitalization
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Project accounting a major plus
- SOX/Internal Controls documentation is a plus
- International experience a plus
Terraformation requires anyone who engages in in-person activities (e.g., team meetings, meetings with vendors, visits to one of our worksites) or travels for work related purposes to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex including gender identity or expression, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, credit history, genetic history, arrest and court record, military service, reproductive health decision, domestic or sexual violence victim status if the domestic or sexual violence victim provides notice to Terraformation of such status or Terraformation has actual knowledge of such status, or any other protected category recognized by Hawaii and federal laws.