Remora is hiring a Mechanical Engineer I who will design and integrate new components into our device, all while helping to tackle the defining challenge of our time.
We’re a 50-person climate tech startup based in Detroit, MI. We build a device that captures a semi-truck’s carbon emissions directly from the tailpipe. We sell the CO2 to end-users, and split that revenue with our customers, so our device pays for itself in just a couple years.
We’re piloting our technology with some of the largest companies in the world, including three of the Fortune 10, and we’ve raised multiple rounds of funding from leading investors like Lowercarbon Capital, Union Square Ventures, and First Round Capital.
- Designing components to manage exhaust flow, airflow, vibration, enclosures, and mounting the device on the truck
- Hand calculating or simulating failures from vehicle loads, vibrations, and heat cycles to increase longevity while light-weighting
- Iterating on material, assembly, and manufacturing decisions for future device designs
- Designing, machining, and building components for test benches in collaboration with other team members
- Modeling in Solidworks and managing file conversions to/from outside sources
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
Here’s what we value:
- You want to join a fast-paced, fast-growing startup.
- You care deeply about reducing carbon emissions and building power for the historically excluded communities that will be most affected by those emissions.
- You fully own projects, and you identify and solve problems through completion.
- You adapt to change and you appreciate failures as learning opportunities, constructively sharing them with your teammates.
- You improve your teammates’ performance through collaboration. You consistently pursue personal and professional growth for yourself and your teammates.
- You voice respectful disagreement and provide high-quality constructive feedback. You’re an effective and active listener, and a clear and concise communicator.
Location: Wixom, MI
Start date: Immediately
COVID-19: Remora requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. Appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions are implemented in the workplace.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Starting at $79,000 USD
- Equity: 0.005%
- Healthcare (Aetna)
- Retirement (401k)
- Student loan assistance
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Dependent care assistance (childcare or eldercare)
- Parental leave
- Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- Employee development and coaching
- Relocation stipend (up to $9000)
Climate change disproportionately impacts communities of color, so we’re looking for candidates deeply committed to reducing emissions and to racial justice. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, person of color, female, non-binary, trans, gender non-conforming, or any other identity underrepresented in startups are especially encouraged to apply.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to think they are qualified for a position after reading a list of requirements like the one above. If you are worried that you are not qualified, please apply anyway! We’re most excited to work with people who learn quickly and want to tackle the climate crisis.