About Planet FWD
Planet FWD is on a mission to help address climate change by making it easier to bring climate-friendly consumer products to market. Our founder, Julia Collins, has spent her career building food tech companies.
Planet FWD is the leading climate action platform for consumer companies to tackle climate change. Leveraging the largest life cycle assessment (LCA) database for agricultural production systems in North America, we help brands to measure, reduce, and offset their carbon emissions. Planet FWD's core technology has robust Scope 3 emissions modeling capabilities, making us the best solution in the market for consumer brands where more than 85% of emissions come from the supply chain.
We believe that together we have the power to tackle climate change. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with our small and highly passionate team. Our remote team has regular check-ins throughout the week to sync on priorities and appreciate team members for their work and for embodying our core values. Our core values are: grace, integrity, equity, courage, commitment, clarity, judgment, and catalytic creativity. A summary of our company culture can be found here.
- You are an experienced sustainability professional seeking a challenging and significant role in a fast-paced start-up environment where you are a key player in shaping our product and services.
- You have several years of experience running Corporate Greenhouse Gas Inventories, and are well versed in ISO 14064, GHG Protocol etc.
- You understand the quickly evolving environment for Corporate Greenhouse Gas reporting and SBTI Net Zero targets.
We are looking for a teammate we can count on to:
- Lead corporate GHG emissions accounting for Planet FWD customers using our software tools and platform
- Develop and implement company standards for technical disclosures and reporting
- Remain up to date on emerging policy and regulatory drivers of emissions disclosures (SBTi FLAG guidance, SEC reporting, EU regulation etc.)
- Conduct peer reviews of GHG inventories done by team members to ensure quality and standards compliance
- Support customer needs through clear communication and explanation of data requirements and outputs
- Drive continuous improvement of our tools, frameworks, processes
- 3+ years experience and demonstrated proficiency in corporate greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reporting, with multiple approaches, including EEIO and LCA.
- Understanding of carbon accounting and reporting standards (ISO 14064 and GHG Protocol Corporate and Scope 3 standards) and demonstrated experience with boundary setting, data collection and quality, allocation and modeling uncertainty.
- Knowledgeable about emerging policy and regulatory drivers of emissions disclosures (SBTi FLAG guidance, SEC reporting, EU regulation etc.)
- Experience with third-party audits and auditors/assurance providers
- Understanding of agricultural GHG emissions, food processing emissions and modeling considerations is a plus!
- Excellent organizational, technical communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong project management skills, able to balance multiple customer and project needs at once, with process-orientation and high attention to detail
- Problem-solving mindset with a test-and-learn approach to quickly and continually adapt to changing needs and processes
- Alignment with our company values and ability to communicate in harmony with these principles
How we’ll take care of you:
- $80,000 - $130,000 annual base salary with significant equity
- This salary range includes multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail.
- Health Insurance (100% paid premiums)
- 401(k), Unlimited PTO, Home Office stipend, Coworking space membership stipend
- Our remote team gathers several times a year to enjoy each others’ company. Team members located in the same area have the option to co-work in the same location (typically once a week to once a month).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Questions? Contact email@example.com