Angaza enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income, unbanked consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
We are reinventing consumer credit by making it available to the 2 billion people across the globe who are unbanked or left out of formal credit/savings ecosystems. With Angaza, consumers have the flexibility to buy now and pay later (BNPL), with full pricing transparency. And, merchants can increase their sales and revenue by over 8x by offering life-changing products on credit, without taking on the risk or complexities of managing consumer financing.
Angaza’s B2B sales and customer management software is used by businesses across the globe to improve the daily lives of over 35 million people.
Join Angaza's Finance team as our new FP&A and financial modeler expert. As an experienced and multi-talented financial expert in the areas of financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and financial modeling, you will own our FP&A process, drive growth, and contribute to strategic decisions that will shape the future of our company. With a remote work setup based in the US and reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer, you will ensure that every decision we make is grounded in sound financial principles and accurate financial projections. You will build and maintain financial models that will inform our planning and decision-making and help us achieve our long-term goals. Don't miss this chance to be part of a dynamic and innovative team that is changing lives and making a difference in the world.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis, leveraging your FP&A skills, to support crucial business decision-making processes, including forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Utilize your expertise in financial modeling to develop sophisticated models that support strategic planning and investment decisions, providing valuable insights to senior management.
- Analyze financial data and metrics, going beyond surface-level analysis, to identify key trends and opportunities for optimizing financial performance. Your attention to detail will be essential in making data-driven recommendations in the field of contract negotiation, pricing, fund raising.
- Prepare accurate and engaging financial reports for the executive team, the Board and lenders on a regular basis, such as monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, ensuring the completeness and precision of financial data.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to develop and implement effective financial policies and procedures that align with company objectives.
- Provide analytical support to the Finance team for billing, monthly closes (statutory and consolidated accounts, external audits).
- Act as a trusted advisor to various departments within the organization, effectively communicating financial insights and results, and assisting them in making informed decisions.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and monitor competitor performance, utilizing your analytical skills to identify both opportunities and risks.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Enjoy balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Are able to distill complex information in a straightforward way, and communicate well with stakeholders who are not as experienced.
- Balance a rigorous mindset with the ability to operate in a fast-paced and flexible startup environment and make trade offs.
- Have strong quantitative, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pride yourself on attention to detail.
- Thrive in fast-paced, dynamic work environments.
- Exemplify Angaza’s key values: impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field, providing you with a solid foundation for this role.
- 2-5 years of experience in financial analysis, financial planning, or a related field, showcasing your expertise in FP&A and financial modeling.
- Your strong analytical skills will be put to use, along with your keen attention to detail, to uncover valuable insights from complex financial data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will allow you to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present your findings to senior management.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is crucial, as you will be working closely with colleagues from various departments.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and analysis tools, including Excel, Access, and SQL, will be essential for effectively analyzing and presenting financial data.
- A solid understanding of accounting principles and financial statements will enable you to accurately interpret and analyze financial data.
- Familiarity with financial systems and software, such as ERP and BI tools, will be beneficial in streamlining data analysis and reporting processes.
- Your exceptional multitasking and prioritization skills will help you manage competing priorities and deliver results efficiently.
- Alignment with Angaza's values: You exemplify and embody Angaza's key values of being impact-driven, empathetic, courageous, trustworthy, curious, and collaborative. These values guide your actions and interactions in the workplace, contributing to a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Fintech experience is required for this role, demonstrating your understanding and practical knowledge of consumer lending models, including underwriting, revenue recognition, and payment and collection processes. Your expertise in this area will be a strong advantage.
- Experience practicing FP&A in a multinational entity, with a solid understanding of transfer pricing, IFRS/US GAAP, consolidation, and tax planning, will provide you with a valuable perspective in this role. Your familiarity with these aspects is a plus and will contribute to your success in supporting the company's financial strategies.
- Experience using SQL, GitHub, and Python, as well as familiarity with standard data visualization tools such as Looker and Sisense, will be highly beneficial in effectively analyzing and visualizing financial data.
- We value diverse experiences and expertise, so if you possess any of these additional qualifications, we encourage you to highlight them in your application. Your comprehensive understanding of data analysis tools, fintech experience, and FP&A knowledge will be essential in driving our financial performance and contributing to our strategic decision-making.
Angaza is a for-profit company with headquarters in San Francisco and Nairobi.
Employees receive salary, an equity stake in Angaza, and benefits that include:
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, & FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Fully paid parental leave
- Flexible scheduling and time off policies
- Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!
Our Commitment to DEI
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.