Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for a Test Engineer II to join our team and accelerate our testing program. In this roles, you will be integral in operationalizing our electrochemical testing efforts to ensure our experiments produce high-fidelity, actionable data that drives the development of our proprietary Iron-air battery energy storage technology. This includes designing, developing, and executing test methods, plans, cases, and scripting (automation), and will require you to spend a majority of your time in the lab. As a part of a team of experienced scientists, engineers, and data analysts, this is an opportunity to have a direct, daily impact on the development of a unique battery technology designed to tackle climate change.
What You'll Do:
- Lead troubleshooting and triaging of issues with collaborators to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Develop scalable testing solutions and processes to enable subscale testing in a variety of battery test vehicles by creatively wrangling experimental designs or product requirements into test plans
- Write a variety of electrochemical test scripts across multiple battery cycling instruments
- Define and automate data analysis from test stands and electrochemical cells to enable data-based decision making
- Continuously improve testing processes and methodologies through revisions to test protocols, test stands and test vehicle designs for performance, reliability, and quality
- Capture and manage processes through documentation, such as Standard Operating Procedures, flow charts, and work instructions for electrochemical testing or related processes
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, or equivalent knowledge obtained from this degree
- 2+ years experience with electrochemical or battery testing
- Proficiency with scripting languages and/or statistical software (Python/JMP)
- Clear analytical thinking, attention to detail, problem solving skills and creativity
- Strong written and verbal communication to strengthen cross-team coordination
- A growth mindset to pair with a preference for experiential learning
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.