We are looking for a high-caliber individual with strong analytical capabilities, superior financial/quantitative horsepower, and a deep interest in Generate’s mission and strategy, to help achieve our financial and business objectives. This person can juggle – and juggle well – managing a variety of stakeholders and projects simultaneously while providing the highest standard of work. This person will be able to handle extremely confidential information capably and be able to manage a high level of responsibility and exposure.
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as a Senior Analyst, FP&A
- Work as part of a small (but growing) team as an integral part of FP&A
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with a broad base of stakeholders and serve as a key point of contact for planning and reporting issues
- Design, create and manage high-impact financial models
- Coordinate with the underwriting and asset management teams to deliver monthly actual vs. budget and forecasts.
- Ensure models comply with our reporting framework and modelling standards
- Execute quantitative and qualitative analyses for projects and operations
- Ensure FP&A reporting is consistent with accounting; resolve discrepancies (aligning chart of accounts, entities, and data)
- Support annual and long-range budgeting and forecasting, month-end close
- Work cross-functionally with legal, asset management, capital markets and underwriting to improve forecasts
- Work collaboratively across teams, providing actionable insights to help drive better business decisions
- Provide clear and concise variance explanations
- Assist in the preparation of materials for monthly management report and quarterly board meetings (financial data and other KPIs)
- Perform ad hoc reporting to support asset management and the underwriting team
- Identify areas of improvement in processes, make recommendations, and drive implementation.
- Understand systems and data flow; work with Technology team to optimize tools used for financial reporting
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- 3-5 years of related experience in finance or accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A demonstrated passion for, or experience in, renewable energy
- Familiarity with basic accounting concepts required (e.g. ability to build a 3-statement financial model)
- Familiarity with rolling forecasts and drivers-based variance analysis
- Capable of using financial performance data to develop a narrative explaining performance, draw conclusions, and make recommendations to senior management
- Ability to convey complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
- High level of proficiency in building and understanding Excel financial models
- Familiarity with major corporate ERP or EPM systems (Adaptive Insights and Microsoft NAV a big plus)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Capable of building trust and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Comfortable working up and down the organization, as well as across teams.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate’s compensation packages are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Salary decisions take into account a wide variety of factors including, but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is $112,000 – $130,000. In addition, the compensation package may include a discretionary bonus and other benefits, including health care benefits, retirement benefits, benefits permitting paid days off (including sick leave, parental leave, and paid time off or vacation benefits), and other benefits that must be reported for federal tax purposes. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of this range.
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.