Primary Job Description:
DexMat has experienced a strong period of growth and has just closed its seed round of funding to scale up at an even more rapid pace. We will be doubling headcount and scaling up all company activities so we are seeking someone to ensure that our processes and tools enable exponential growth. From Day 1, this person will have an immediate impact on our productivity by streamlining existing processes, deploying new tools, and identifying opportunities for automation. The ideal candidate will have proven success in an operations role, with a special focus on process improvement.
Location: Hybrid/remote with frequent presence in Houston
Objectives of this Role:
- Understand and take ownership of internal processes and tools
- Identify opportunities to use software and automation instead of manual work
- Drive a “work smarter, not harder” culture throughout the organization, leading by example
- Streamline and optimize internal processes, systems, and tools to improve efficiency and productivity
- Coordinate with departments and teams to ensure that internal systems and processes are aligned with company goals and objectives
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices, driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Identify, test, deploy, and administer technical tools to support exponential scaleup
- Provide training and support to employees on internal systems and processes, ensuring adoption and effective use
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation, including process maps, standard operating procedures, and training materials
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations to improve performance and drive results
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to think creatively and drive innovation, constantly seeking new and better ways of doing things
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do unglamorous work when automation isn’t possible
- Experience with process mapping and analysis tools, as well as collaboration tools
- Technical acumen for configuring and administering software
- At least 5 years of experience in operations or process improvement, with a track record of successful project management and process optimization
- Experience in a rapidly growing startup is a plus, but not required.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious change agent to join a dynamic and growing company and make a significant impact on the organization's success. If you are a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for process optimization and a drive for continuous improvement, join us in building the sustainable materials economy!
DexMat is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.