Software Engineering Manager - Western US Team: EngineeringLocation: Western US
(or similar timezone) Who We Are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.Our Mission
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 200 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet. Growth You’ll Foster
As a Software Engineering Manager
, you will lead the team creating the platform where we’ll power the future of food. Using your expertise in coding, you’ll build scalable services and software to deep science-based technology solutions for the largest players in the food industry. You’ll also manage and coordinate a team of talented engineers to achieve our ambitious business and technical goals.
Apart from your technical abilities, your management experience and seniority will allow you to help the Data team organize, plan and execute all its goals to create the services, APIs, and data products behind our soil/agricultural carbon and science modeling tools.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with science, business, and product managers, other backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec build, test and deploy APIs and services for Regrow modeling (Carbon) team
- Coordinate and plan all work for your team to achieve its goals/milestones
- Brainstorm features with product managers and domain experts based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Be responsible for developing new areas of the product, with an eye towards long-term sustainability.
- You’ll expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
Envision Yourself Here
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying high-quality production services primarily in Python
- 2+ years of Management experience in a fast pace environment
- Proven experience creating and deploying REST APIs with Python Web Frameworks such as FastAPI, Flask, Django, etc.
- You have commercial experience with relational databases i.e MySQL, Postgres, etc, or a document database like MongoDB.
- Experience deploying apps/services on at least one major enterprise cloud platform (AWS, GCP, or Azure).
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent English language presentation and communication skills
- Experience with Docker (building and scheduling containers).
- Experience profiling, debugging, tracing, and or parallelizing/optimizing Python code.
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.