- Your mission at Climeworks is to ensure cost management practices are implemented on projects, contribute to their development and improvement, and provide reports on project control matters including cost, productivity, and variances.
- You are expected to lead both (a) cost control of current projects in execution, and (b) estimation of costs of future projects. Experience in both of these is preferred, but applicants specializing in one will be considered – please be transparent with your skill sets. The ability to do schedule management is a bonus, and such a person with both schedule and cost management experience will be considered for a more senior level e.g. team leadership position.
- You work with the project team and contractors to develop and set up various project cost reports and progress, manpower and commodity report, and you also assist in the preparation of TIC estimate by providing actual project related data, trends and project changes.
- You prepare month of end reports and management presentations as well as monthly cash flow reports and Long-Range Plans (LRP) and provide clarifications related to changes in cash flow/LRP.
- You implement Change Management as per established procedure and keep track record of all PDNs, RFI, change requests and trends on the project and ensure that the project current budgets and forecast are maintained in line with changes and trends.
- You keep track of usage of various project allowances and contingency and maintain drawdown curves.
- You establish and maintain project cost databases to reflect project cost history, enabling benchmarking with TIC estimate and preparation of Project Close out report.
- You completed an engineering degree and you have 5-8 years experience of project cost control and estimating experience in refining, chemical, Petro-Chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sectors.
- You gained experience working in an EPC environment, managing EPCs and with working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, Petro-Chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’) sector project as an Owner or Owner's representative at all post DBM phases of a project.
- You gained experience working with project groups, in all project phases and with the execution of full life cycle costs as well as with project scoping and participating in project risk.
- You have experience in project controls of large-scale process industry projects in the US at > USD$100MM, and you have demonstrated the ability to solve the hardest people challenges in multiple areas of a business.
- You have knowledge of up-to-date business processes and best practices as utilized on Major/Mega Projects and proven practical understanding of project management principles and best practices and with Cost/Progress/Productivity and Planning/Cost/Scheduling/Progress/Productivity data analysis and forecasting techniques.
- You can use cost estimation tools e.g. Aspen, RSMeans, and are highly proficient at use of Excel for cost estimation and control, as well as with ERP systems to find historical cost data and databases.
- You have experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors.
- You have working knowledge of cost risk analysis and associated software and experience in implementing industry standard Change management processes and the ability to direct contractors on matters related to Cost Control and Change Management.
- You are a true leader and role model, a crisp communicator that easily enables fast decision-making throughout the company, and you effectively manage and influence stakeholders of multidisciplined professionals.
- You are a promoter of open communication and can create a positive culture.
- You are driven by our scale-up vision and your excellent strategic, organizational and negotiation skills set you apart.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You are willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.