At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer/Animation intern to join our team. The goal for this intern position is to develop an animated visual asset utilizing motion graphics and or/animation, based on direction provided by the Marketing and Creative Teams.
The successful candidate has:
- Solid visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions
- Passion for telling compelling technical stories through unique creative assets and visual interactions, with portfolio examples
- Strong understanding of design, timing, and composition
- Expertise with Adobe Suite and common motion graphics design software and at least one 3D motion design tool
- An understanding of how to work within brand guidelines
- Knowledge of video codecs and formats as well as video and web standards
In this role, the candidate must have:
- Ability to work and iterate quickly, and be comfortable with taking direction
- A natural desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
- Take pride in attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills, and be a self-starter
What you will do:
- As part of the Marketing organization, and deployed in the Creative Team, you will act as a Motion Graphics Designer/Animation intern to participate in a team brainstorming, develop a creative brief and storyboards, then execute a visual motion asset to help tell a specific story about Wisk, our aircraft, or a concept of our planned service.
- You will be working closely with the Creative Director and Creative Team members to help establish a look and feel for the piece.
- You will plan and present the storyboard and proposed keyframes and motion style to the larger Marketing organization for review and feedback.
- You will ultimately deliver the finished asset according to schedule, specs, and direction received during the project.
- This role will help define potential graphical and animation standards that amplify the Wisk brand to become part of our distinct visual system.
What you have done:
- You have worked on projects that demonstrate concept development, ideation, storyboards, and finished assets that make concepts easy to understand
- Motion graphics and animations, including 2D and 3D animations
- You have hands-on experience (add quantifiable, solution based skill sets. i.e. integrating complex, safety-critical systems and solving associated problems.)
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex (applicable systems, processes, metrics etc.)You have a strong and applied understanding (applicable systems, processes, metrics etc.)
- You are familiar with Adobe Suite and common motion graphics design software and at least one 3D motion design tool
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a passion for telling compelling technical stories through unique creative assets and visual interactions
- You have strong communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player and enjoy collaboration
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must live in the US at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be either a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate student in college
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0, transcripts are required
- Must be an enrolled student at both the time of application AND at the time the internship begins
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for 12 weeks (full-time 3 months)
- Must be able to work pacific standard time (PST)
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and flexible time off. On top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.