Scale Microgrid Solutions
Scale Microgrid Solutions (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean ...View Company Profile
You will provide comprehensive operations and maintenance support for our distributed generation projects, which typically include managing both solar and natural gas generation assets, as well as energy storage resources and generators.
You will be based between Washington DC and the Philadelphia area and be prepared to travel to our clients’ sites within that region. You will report to the VP of Execution.
- Commission, service, and repair our equipment throughout its useful life.
- Perform OEM warranty work and start-up service.
- Perform testing, calibration, checking, correcting, adjusting, and part component replacement services on customer products.
- Construct and test circuits and equipment.
- Provide technical support in product service, product training, and applications.
- Analyze complex problems in equipment and machinery and interpret maintenance manuals, using knowledge of systems and electronics to isolate and correct the fault.
- Consult with product support and engineering personnel to determine solutions to complex problems in system operation.
- Develop and design system modifications.
- Implement modifications and provide installation support for the modifications.
- Develop and maintain ongoing customer relationships with regard to all aspects of equipment repair and maintenance.
- Instruct customers and business development on the operation and maintenance of equipment.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-year degree or technical certification in an electrical-related program and/or several years of work experience as a shop or field electrical technician.
- Exhibit knowledge of control circuits and PLCs – diesel engine repairs – natural gas engine maintenance – switchgear maintenance and repair – generator installation and repair and more.
- EGSA certification would be a bonus.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic distribution protective relay testing, breaker function testing, and generator testing.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time, navigate and perform in inclement weather, and lift at least 40 lbs.
Our Core Virtues:
· Do the Right Thing
· Act Like an Owner
· Demand Results
· Go Together
· Evolve or Disappear
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.