Populus is a mission-driven company that is shaping the future of cities. Our platform empowers cities to manage their streets and curbs — with access to mobility data from shared scooters, cars, and delivery services — to deliver a safer, more sustainable transportation future. Today, we serve over 100 cities around the world on 4 continents, as the trusted digital platform to manage the future of mobility.
We are rapidly expanding our suite of offerings to top-tier domestic and international cities. You will be a core member of our Marketing team and will play a key role in the design, execution, and the reporting of marketing programs that drive awareness and sales at Populus.
Working closely with company leadership, this candidate will architect and align marketing efforts with the company's growth strategy and ARR targets. This is an amazing opportunity to make a significant impact at the ground floor of a purpose-driven, innovative, and fast growing company!
About the Job:
- Translate technical product offerings into compelling narratives for end customers and users
- Develop product marketing strategies (product launching, product positioning in the market)
- Work closely with product, sales, and customer success to develop and refine content to reach prospects and customers
- Evaluate strategies using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Manage content across sales and marketing channels (sales content, web, social media, newsletters)
- Manage the company's social media strategy and presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- Oversee Populus’s web presence and calls to action, including improving website performance and facilitating website update requests
- Oversee and coordinate Populus' presence at key industry events
- 3+ years experience in an enterprise product marketing role in a startup environment, wearing multiple hats
- A resourceful self-starter who demonstrates outstanding leadership skills, business ownership, and personal accountability
- Comfortable communicating with cross-functional teams and leadership
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Working knowledge of web analytics and CRM tools (Google Analytics, Hubspot, LinkedIn)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail
Bonus Points if You Have:
- Experience marketing to the Public Sector (cities, local governments)
- Experience in Transportation or Urban Planning
The base salary range for this full-time role is commensurate with experience + bonus + stock options + benefits.
Complete the application attaching your resume and an optional cover letter explaining in a few words why you're the right person for this role and why you're excited to help us solve big transportation problems.
If you require any accommodation due to difference or disability, please contact email@example.com with your request.
Populus is an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve. Populus prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Populus’ salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position across all US locations; however, Populus has an office first philosophy and reserves the higher end of the range for employees that are based in the Bay Area and commuting to the office on a regular basis. Unless stated otherwise, Populus will prioritize hires who are able to work in the San Francisco office three days per week.
Within this range, individual pay is determined by location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Only in truly rare circumstances where a candidate has experience or expertise that far exceed the basic requirements for this position would Populus consider paying a base salary rate at the upper end of the range. Your contact at Populus can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation ranges reflect the base salary only and do not include the value of bonuses, stock options, or benefits.