The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change. Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
Octopus Energy Group is a global energy transition company - made up of 10 businesses in 9 countries across 4 continents that touch nearly every point in the energy value chain and invest heavily in technology to support our mission to accelerate decarbonisation faster and cheaper for customers. Octopus Energy is valued at $5 billion and is one of energy-tech’s fastest-growing private companies. Octopus’ flexibility platform, KrakenFlex, offers a single technology stack (DERMS, VPP, distribution network monitoring and analytics) to optimise, control & dispatch, manage and report on any Distributed Energy Resource (DER) from consumer owned devices such as; EVs, heat pumps, smart thermostats, rooftop solar & residential batteries to utility scale solar and wind generation and batteries. Today, KrakenFlex is a world leading platform with a contracted capacity of 4.6GWs
over 4 continents and over 24,000 devices (as of February 2023) growing at 30% every month. KrakenFlex is used by large international energy clients like EDF Energy in the UK and Tokyo Gas in Japan. We're looking for someone to initially manage our Tokyo Gas account and future clients in Japan. You’ll work closely with the Kraken Tech and KrakenFlex teams to manage this account, and develop our business in Japan. Ideally, we need someone with energy and/or enterprise software implementation experience.If you’re looking for a fast-paced, autonomous, high-growth environment, then here’s your chance. Help drive our mission in a brand new market and sell advanced technology to accelerate future energy systems.This position reports into the Director of Customer Growth and is based out of Tokyo, Japan. You’ll be supported and connected to the global customer growth, marketing and product teams.
What you'll do
- Develop and deliver a customer account management strategy to drive customer growth
- Support a major utility customer in its transformation journey
- Manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of our platform
- Contribute to the product roadmap
- Work with all teams at KF to ensure that the customer is at the heart of what we do
- You’ll develop an informed point of view on our market, the competition and how to position KrakenFlex as a leader within that space
- Be an ambassador for KF
What you'll need
- Experience of managing large accounts for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience with enterprise software solutions (preferably energy related)
- Proven success in delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to engender a high level of confidence from the senior leadership team
- Excellent communication skills showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action
- Able to demonstrate significant aptitude for line management: target setting, performance reviews & professional development
- Effective risk management and negotiation skills - able to balance competing demands for resource to ensure best overall outcome
- Strong at developing less experienced members of the team
- A proven ability to build relationships at every level of large organisations, especially the c suite.
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to account management and delivery
- Knowledge of energy markets
Why else you'll love it here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.