The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change. Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
We’re looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work alongside our Optimisation & Trading product and technical team leads to help shape and evolve our product.
Working within one of our agile Product Teams, you will:
- Work with the Product manager and Development Team lead to identify and undertake areas of analysis needed to deliver upcoming items on the roadmap
- Take on the role of being the internal expert on how our trader customers need to interact with our optimisation UIs and APIs
- Use your existing and acquired knowledge of the energy markets to inform the behaviour of our products and guide the authoring of complex test scenarios to support our engineering and testing teams
- Support the Development Team in ensuring delivery of the roadmap, involving the understanding of technical APIs, industry terminology and systems.
- Analyse the stories as they come in, helping shape the design
- Work alongside developers to build a quality product which customers will love, participating in sprint planning, daily standups, 3 amigos discussions and demos.
- Write user stories; high level user journey and business process flow charts and conduct ongoing user acceptance testing, product quality sign-off, and product documentation.
- Use analytics data and first-hand research to understand user behaviours and inform product and design improvements.
What you'll need
- Experience of working within an Energy Trading environment
- Solid technical background, comfortable understanding and translating API documentation into requirements for the development team and be able to write sample script/use tooling to call APIs
- Experience in agile software development environment
- Facilitation skills & comfort managing discovery and requirements elicitation workshops
- Ability to gather requirements from meetings, technical specifications and process flows
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Technical ability. i.e, to be able to write sample scripts, understand and translate API documentation into requirements for the development team
- Desire to get into the technical detail for complex energy system services
- A passion for clean tech and a strong desire to contribute to the decarbonization of the planet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why else you'll love it here
Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know. If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.