Job title: Structural Analyst Engineer (FEA)
Location: Espoo, Finland OR Spain
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Structural Analysis/Mechanical team and looking for a Structural Analyst (FEA) Engineer to join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team.
About the role?
As a Structural Analyst Engineer, you will analyze the structure for strength and resiliency on the whole spacecraft, how it behaves as an entire unit, but also on smaller components of the satellite - verify and analyze the mechanical structures produced by the Mechanical Team to ensure it will survive launch and the environment.
- Support subsequent structural analysis of next generation spacecraft.
- Enhance the current ICEYE Spacecraft designs.
- Support launch related activities.
- Composite structure analysis & development.
- Support internal R&D activities in structural analysis and composite structures.
- Structural Analysis of the spacecraft and its subsystems to ensure mission safety.
- Optimization of existing subsystems.
- Verification & qualification of mechanical designs.
- Deliver quality engineering work within time and budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and efficient working methods.
- Experienced with NASTRAN and Hypermesh.
- Familiar with programming - Python scripting.
- Vibration Test predictions & correlation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conceptual skills and attention to detail.
- Master's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years of experience with spacecraft or launch vehicle structures.
- Experience in static and dynamic analysis focusing on Sine, Random, and shock analysis.
- Experience in structural analysis of composites and sandwich structures.
- Comfort working at a rapid phase and growing environment.
Preferred to have:
- Super-element generation/verification & analysis.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e., on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e., flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
- Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
We are making the impossible possible together. Could this be the role for you? You can apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)