Welcome to DABBEL! We are developing the next generation of building management: fully autonomous & AI-based with the most scalable and cost-effective software solution to reduce energy consumption in commercial buildings worldwide.Our team of engineers, developers, sales, marketing and admin experts in Germany, Spain and the UK acts cross-functionally and agilely and works together to realize our mission: to reduce CO2 emissions worldwide as quickly as possible.We are looking for talented people who want to lend a hand and make a difference. Bring your ideas to us and grow with us!As a Software Engineer AI / DCS (all genders) you will automate the control of buildings by developing algorithms to calculate the optimal parameters without tweaking them manually.
- You will work in an ambitious, international team of experts who want to achieve our goals together
- We are VC-backed and preparing for the high-growth phase - so you can take responsibility, really shape the company and grow personally
- Together with you, we develop a personal development plan and promote your further training
- You can work hybrid and organize your working hours flexibly
- Our office in Düsseldorf is very modern, well equipped and very easy to reach by public transport, and we are going to open offices in Berlin, Munich and London soon
- Last but not least: You help to reduce CO2!
What the role looks like...
- You evaluate the current control strategies in buildings that are being applied and develop AI models to predict optimal initial conditions, or target values
- You generate reports of the research results and validate with the engineering team the viability
One of our most important values is “People first”. Our employees are our most important asset and we believe that innovation needs a diverse and inclusive culture. With DABBEL you can be as you are. Everybody is welcome.
3+ years developing software in Python (+ Pandas)
Deep knowledge in AI, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning for control systems, time-series forecasting, and optimization algorithms (e.g., genetic algorithms, particle swarm optimization), among others
Basic concepts on BMS (Building Management Systems) and HVAC control systems
Experience leading R&D teams and good reporting skills
Experience in working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Data-driven, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Fluent English (at least C1)