Job Location: BGC, Philippines
Reporting to: Head of Finance, APAC
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, APAC with responsibility for financial management of local entities, and joint venture entities, working on new opportunities in APAC from a commercial and financial perspective, and disciplinarily reporting to local management.
What You Will Do:
- Review of financial and cost accounting monthly eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc. for the entities, projects in the Philippines
- Deliver efficient month end processes and efficiency in closing the Philippines entities, including the JVs and achieving the Group deadlines and requirements.
- Work with the external auditors and tax advisors on the year end requirements
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies
- Work together with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting, and working closely with the operations and project teams in analysing variances and cost analysis
- Coordinate reporting requirement with the group headquarter to meet internal deadlines
- Manage Treasury for the Philippines entities ensuring good relationship with banks, coordination with group headquarter to obtain necessary funding on a monthly basis
- Work together with the Head of Finance, APAC and other departments from project identification to project signing on commercial and financial aspects of the opportunities
- Lead the financial and tax due diligence on new project opportunities in the Philippines
- Work with the local development team from a finance and commercial perspective for greenfield opportunities and acquisitions
- Discuss, review, and prepare the commercial financial models together with the APAC commercial team on APAC projects, existing and new opportunities
- Managing the team ensuring the responsibilities and resources are properly allocated
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance
- ACCA qualified or an international professional accounting body with at least 2 year post qualified experience
- Experience working in a multi-national company in region or the head office
- Experience in Renewable Energy sector is an advantage
- Computer skills: Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP is plus (Microsoft 365, PowerBI and advantage)
- At least 8 years working experience in accounting
- Hard working, Honesty, Self-responsibility
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- Experience working with external advisors (audit, tax, due diligence)
- High levels of energy and motivation with a strong track record of delivery in previous roles
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross functionally including with non-financial teams
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexibility to travel within the APAC region on occasion
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Training opportunities
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Hybrid working arrangement may be considered
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance coverage and allowance where applicable
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!