Are you ready to bring credibility to climate action? Want to accelerate your career in an innovative and technology-focused organization? Join us at SustainCERT!
Who we are At SustainCERT, we help quantify and report on the social and environmental impacts from a wide range of climate interventions. Our role is to provide robust evidence of progress towards our collective sustainability goals and ensure climate pledges bring real, meaningful impact on the ground. We deploy technology to create the next generation of impact accounting and improve the way carbon emissions are measured, reported, and verified: more simplicity, more affordability, more efficiency and always the best level of accuracy and credibility. We are on a mission to mainstream best-practice for the benefit of all – businesses, people, and the planet.
Your role As our next Validation & Verification Officer, you deliver validation and verification services for a range of projects.
Joining a global, fast-growing organization, you get the opportunity to work on projects located in various countries around the world. Reporting to the Director of Validation & Verification (VV), you join a motivated, growing team. We work remotely, and welcome applications from various time zones.
Our multicultural team works fully in English.
Your key tasks
Plan and deliver validation and verification services for GHG reporting;
Review quantification approaches that account for GHG emissions reductions or removals in projects across sectors;
Use auditing techniques (observation, inquiry/surveys, analytical testing, measurement, cross-checking and more) to gather evidence during the whole process in support of a final GHG audit opinion;
Lead the preparation of validation and verification audit reports;
Contribute to the management of client relationships throughout the delivery process
- Contribute to the standardization of SustainCERT's validation & impact verification product offering, and innovate new auditing and impact verification tools together with your team;
You have these claims to fame
A minimum of 5 years of auditing and/or consulting experience. Preferably some of these years have spent working with GHG/Carbon projects or in the wider domain of sustainable development;
Master’s degree in a Science or Engineering discipline (e.g., mechanical, chemical, environmental science, chemistry, physics, statistics)
- You take pride in your communication skills and your quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Working in a dynamic and agile organization excites you, and you feel comfortable with remote collaboration tools such as Miro and Zoho.
For bonus points
- Have you achieved professional qualifications or training related to auditing? Even better!
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- A full-time remote role, with occasional travel;
- An innovative organization at the forefront of making a change.
Come join our team of mission-driven individuals with big ideas, tireless optimism and the belief that our work can change the world!