Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Development team in the Digital Experience Department. This is a hybrid role split between remote working and our head offices in UK (Reading).
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up start-up where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the company digitalization strategy and digital product development for a forward thinking, rapidly expanding business.
What you will do:
You will report to the Principal Cloud Software Development. You must be able to think and act analytically. You shall be a problem solver and be team oriented. You will ensure that the deliverables are scalable and available solutions and against business milestones.
- Architect, own and deploy cloud-based software artifacts in a rapidly changing and evolving development environment
- Build and maintain tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment
- Setup, configure and maintain multi repo architecture using CI/CD pipeline tools
- Develop and maintain automation scripts
- Maintain and monitor serverless APIs and patching when necessary
- Participate in planning, estimation and tracking of DevOps projects
- Provide professional support to the product development teams by collaborating with the teams to drive automation of configuration management, build, release, deployment, and monitoring processes
- Ensure traceability of deliverables
- Participate in development meetings and be in position to understand front end, back end, and database technologies
- Support software development team’s timelines and targets in agile environment
- Implement application security features complying global standards
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and contribute ideas for improvements in DevOps practices
We would like you to have:
- Background in computer science
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration and deployment solutions using AWS CodePipeline and/or Jenkins
- Experience setting up automation environment comprising GIT, Maven, SonarQube and UrbanDeploy
- Experience in managing multi-repo releases
- Experience working on project management tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of a programming language (e.g. React, C#, Java) and database technologies (e.g. MS SQL, MongoDB)
- Experience working on Azure cloud services
- Experience setting up security tools to comply with global security standards – OWASP and SOC2
- Experience in developing automation scripts using Bash, Python, YAML and others
A typical Volta Trucks person:
- Thinks and acts in a non-traditional way.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient, and open to change
What working here will be like:
- We are a small, fast-growing team so you will have a high degree of ownership and accountability, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We are a start-up, so don't have a lot of structures and processes. Things change quickly and we acknowledge when we get things wrong and change direction.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme
- We are committed to creating a first-class work environment. Every employee has a voice and we encourage open communication