About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com
What you will do
- Work with the Project Manager, Project Engineer, and Construction Manager, to ensure that the needs of the field QA/QC Inspector staff are being met.
- Manage the project team that continuously assesses the quality of the work performed, tracks and assures corrective actions are completed in accordance with Energy Vault's Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Champion quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the project.
- Effectively manage Quality personnel who perform audit, inspection, surveillance and/or testing activities in accordance with the Project Quality Program.
- Gain and utilize knowledge of all project plans, specifications, and drawings.
- Develop and maintain Project Quality Plans meeting ISO 10005:2019 guidelines.
- Help plan, lead, and coordinate all quality activities associated with the overall execution of a project.
- Investigate non-conformance issues and implementation of corrective measures.
- Review and maintain project quality records, oversight and mentoring of QA/QC Inspectors, conduct quality training for all project team members.
- Help maintain Quality Policies and Procedures and ensure compliance. Support project administration to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Develop and maintain an overall Project Quality Plan, including deliverables and due dates to comply with contract requirements.
- Ensure that all subcontractors provide a copy of their Quality Policies and Procedures Manual and that they comply with it as well as with Energy Vault’s.
- Communicate and implement Energy Vault’s Quality Policies and Procedures for all personnel under Energy Vault’s authority on the project site.
- Constantly solve problems and resolve issues through face to face and personal communication.
- Support goals to reduce the cost of quality – by implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Administer the Supplier Corrective Action Request Program.
- Monitor Supplier Quality performance, including making recommendations to senior leadership for actions for under-performing suppliers.
- Oversee onsite representatives.
- Build a quality team of a few direct reports.
- Shape a culture of collaboration, innovation, constant improvement, excellence, transparency, open mindedness, humility, integrity, efficiency, joy, compassion, and fulfillment.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Willingness to travel 100% - this is a field position, and the first client site is in Snyder, Texas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, Quality, or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience performing on-site construction / energy quality control inspections.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable Nondestructive Testing (NDT) methods.
- Excellent knowledge of quality tools used in construction and energy.
- Analytical and quantitative approach to problem solving.
- Leadership and influence skills.
- Supplier Quality Oversight.
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments.
- Experience in public companies is a plus.
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.