About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com
: Senior Project Engineer, BESS ProjectsSupervisor
: Director, Technical ProjectsLocation
: Remote (USA) About the role
We seek an experienced Senior Project Engineer, BESS Projects
to manage, optimize design and lead the execution of Energy Vault BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) projects. You will collaborate with project managers, construction managers, customer, outside vendors, AHJ and consultants. As we rapidly grow and deliver on more contracts worldwide, you will help document and build scalable processes, technology, and products.
What you will do
- Be responsible for project execution, which requires thorough understanding of scope, schedule, stakeholders and keeping all parties in sync.
- Identify gaps in scope & responsibility and work with stakeholders to address them to ensure project success. This will require a comprehensive understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, and permitting process.
- Apply engineering principles and consult subject matter experts, as needed, to identify issues & drive solutions on projects.
- Specify equipment for projects as required, including Transformers, Switchgear, protection solutions, etc.
- Interface with internal (project managers, product engineers, sales team) and external stakeholders (utilities, AHJs, contractors, end customers) to ensure consistent communication.
- Review project design documents including single line drawings, communication diagrams, layouts, equipment test reports, etc.
- Plan and lead BESS project commissioning.
- Provide constructive feedback to improve internal processes and product.
What a qualified candidate should possess
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (electrical or power system engineering) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience of leading project design, preferably in the building of large power stations or PV or other utility-scale power projects
- 3+ years of BESS or PV project experience
- PE certification or equivalent, preferred
- Familiarity in permitting processes with local authorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 30%
- Comfortable in fast-paced, rapid growth environments
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.