About Energy Vault
Energy Vault develops and deploys sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world's approach to utility-scale energy storage in realizing decarbonization while maintaining grid resiliency. The company's proprietary gravity-based energy storage technology, battery storage technology, and energy storage management and integration platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. For additional information, please visit: www.energyvault.com
: EMS Test Engineer (Senior or Mid-level)Reports To
: Director, Software EngineeringLocation
: Greater Washington DC Area or Remote About the role
Energy Vault is looking for a talented EMS Test Engineer to help build out our automated test suites to verify and validate our Energy Management Systems. You will work with our project engineers to develop test plans, test cases, and the software to build out automated testing to fully test our EMS and deploy it to our customers. Test automation is critical to the development of large complex systems, and you will have a major role developing the tools we will need to deliver systems. You will be joining an early-stage software team to transform utility-scale storage.
What you will do
- Develop test plans and the corresponding test cases to ensure our products meet our customer and our software product’s requirements
- Develop automated integration tests and incorporate them into our builds
- Support test events such as Factory Acceptance Testing and site commissioning
What a qualified candidate should possess
- A solid foundation in software integration and testing
- 5+ years of experience developing software or software test automation
- BS or MS in engineering (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related)
- Experience developing software in Python required
- Experience with developing tests for energy management systems and/or battery systems is highly desired
- Familiarity with systems engineering and requirements management
- Strong understanding of networking
- Experience with development in Linux and a solid foundation in Linux fundamentals
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Independent and capable of working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in renewable energy and/or IIoT is preferred
- A passion for carbon neutrality by 2050.
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.