Our company Innovafeed contributes to the construction of a sustainable food system by developing a pioneering and innovative industry: the breeding and processing of insects (Hermetia Illucens fly). Our mission:- To have a positive overall environmental impact based on circular economy and inspired by natural food chains;- To generate territorial economic dynamism : in order to feed and raise our larvaes, we are co-located with agro-industrial partners that provide us with co-products and low footprint energy. Incorporated in 2016, Innovafeed manufactures and sells 3 different insect-based products:- For a high-quality aquaculture respectful of animals’ natural diets, insect protein is obviously the best fish feed, particularly for salmon and trout that you would fly fish in a river! 🐟- For a sustainable farming respectful of animal welfare, insect oil is efficient for feeding animals like poultry and pig 🐤 - For a regenerative agriculture respectful of soils’ integrity, insects feces are leveraged as an efficient organic fertilizer 🌱 The success of our project depends on a dynamic and talented team. We opened the firstproduction site in Gouzeaucourt (Hauts-de-France) in 2017.We launched our second production site in Nesle (Somme) at the end of 2020: and it is 20x times larger than Gouzeaucourt!In September of 2022, Innovafeed raised US$ 250 million in Series D funding bringing the total cumulative financing to US$ 450 million. This capital will be used to further increase production capacity in France through the further expansion of its Nesle site in the north of France, the world’s largest vertical insect farm. We are experiencing significant growth through strong market traction and significant production scale-up.That’s why we need a strong team which shares the same values in order to reach our goal: to become the world’s insect protein leader! Therefore we are looking for new talents able to get deeply involved in our amibious and dynamic company.You believe in the insect protein potential and you are convinced of the central position it should hold in the food chain? Then, we believe you are ready to on-board the InnovaFeed adventure!Our recruitment process is objective, inclusive and fair. It’s very important for us to offer from the start a clear, smooth and constructive recruitment experience for each applicant.
As part of the Technical Sales &Marketing Team, you will be responsible for the P&L of our insect ingredients products for fish feed.
In particular, your responsibilities will entail:
1. Further improve and secure Innovafeed’s salmonids value proposition to support Innovafeed’s growth trajectorya. Optimize product quality collaborating with Production, QHSE and R&D: further improve KPIs, identify and quantify improvement levers, ensure consistent enforcementb. Identify & demonstrate performance (zootechnical, health, organoleptic) with leading labs, research institutes, clients and collaborating with Innovafeed’s Product Performance Teamc. Strengthen product pricing strategy
2. Secure salmonids commercial partnerships across geographies and clientsa. Manage and grow existing key accountsb. Ensure seamless contract execution across production sites (Nesle, Decatur) and client geographiesc. Secure additional salmonids offtakes for both existing (Nesle) and future sites (e.g. Decatur)
3. Anchor Innovafeed’s sustainability value proposition for salmonids by launching global salmon value chaina. Define Innovafeed’s sustainability measurement methodology for salmonids leveraging insect protein and marketing messages across the value chainb. Identify iconic value chain and launch
4. Anchor and advertise Innovafeed’s salmonids expertise/brand globallya. Develop and execute strong marketing efforts: identify and publish in key publications, develop Innovafeed’s marketing materials for salmonids, organize own marketing events for salmonidsb. Identify and represent Innovafeed at key aquaculture eventsc. Secure key labels obtention (incl. Label Rouge, Organic)
Localisation: Paris, France; remote can be considered with frequent travels to France
Your qualifications and skills
- 10+ Years experience in the aquafeed industry in technical sales role- Experience in technical sales roles- Experience working for a feed formulator company- Academic background in aquaculture- Strategic thinker, you know how to build a structured approach- A good level of Norwegian (writting / speaking) would be a plus.
Perks of joining InnovaFeed
- A customized on-boarding process to discover our business through an operator training and the role of each team through dedicated presentations ;- A particular care in the follow-up of your integration via specific exchanges and a feedback report;- Alan's mutual insurance and provident fund for all;- An important involvement of the employees in the growth and construction of the company (working groups, surveys...);- An internal training program to allow you to develop.