Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
What we're looking for
We are seeking an energetic, early to mid-career professional with experience in investment banking or related fields to help our firm increase the supply of carbon removal for the market. Experience with carbon markets is helpful but not required for this position.
- Build and maintain financial models that accurately reflect the terms of offtake contracts, various financing vehicles, and wholesale market dynamics
- Assess the relative value of early-stage projects to support day-to-day decision making
- Develop and present scenario analyses to support offtake bids and negotiations
- Customize financial models for deals and procurements, incorporating technical project qualities, offtake contract structure, and financial structure, including tax equity and back leverage.
- Comprehensive end-to-end analysis of prospective finance and offtake options
- Create marketing materials, as well as other investor due diligence requests related to valuation and financing options.
- Prior experience in banking, preferably project finance
- Very high aptitude in financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Flexible thinking and problem solving
- Entrepreneurial self starter
- Excellent written communication skills
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.