Logical Buildings is the leading smart building software and solutions company empowering the nation’s largest Multifamily and Commercial real estate ...View Company Profile
Logical Buildings is on a mission to help thousands of residential and commercial customers earn (and save) money while reducing their carbon footprint. As a key member of our small but growing team, you'll help shape our technology and culture.
We make two apps - GridRewards and SmartKit.
GridRewards is a CES award-winning app which allows individuals to:
- Get paid by utility companies to reduce their energy usage during key hours of the summer.
- Track their historical energy consumption, cost and carbon footprint.
- Get personalized energy-saving tips.
- Use near-real-time energy data to reduce their bill.
- Track the real-time carbon footprint of their energy usage.
SmartKit is a web dashboard and mobile app that allows building owners and management teams to save money on the energy use of large residential (e.g. apartment), commercial, and industrial buildings. We install IoT sensors that help us optimize and manage energy loads, as well as provide real-time insight into building system performance.
As part of the engineering team, your work will primarily focus on API development and data engineering, but will also include some front-end and mobile development work.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions built on our backend stack (Python, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, and Kubernetes, running on Google Cloud), and our front-end stack (React on the web and React Native on mobile).
- Collaborate with front-end and mobile development teams to ensure that solutions meet user and product needs.
- Maintain ownership of code you've written as our platform evolves.
- You have experience working with some or all of the technologies in our stack, or analogous ones.
- You don’t necessarily call yourself a full-stack engineer, but you have some familiarity with frameworks like React and React Native.
- You are excited to learn new technologies and skills, and are not afraid of the phrase “I don’t know”.
- You consistently ship high-quality features on time. Our team prioritizes shipping pragmatic, reliable code rather than delaying for theoretical perfection.
- You’ve completed the full product lifecycle, from initial design through shipping and maintenance.
- You can manage your own projects, and are excited about the idea of generating new product ideas.
- You enjoy being a mindful, transparent, and communicative member of the team.
- We're a values-driven company looking for values-driven individuals to join our team.
- We are interested in practical, real-world solutions to climate change and improving people’s lives.
- We believe that fostering a happy, productive work environment is an ongoing task - reassessing and redefining how we work together is an integral part of our process.
- We expect the entire team to be user-focused, and aware of where our technical implementations affect the user experience.
- Our team is currently 100% remote.
- If you want to join us in person, our office is located near Herald Square in NYC.
- If you want to be 100% remote indefinitely, that's also great!
- We understand that the 9-5 schedule doesn't work for everyone. While we aim for overlapping work hours, many of us are parents or caregivers of some type, and, as a company, we believe one of the keys to having happy, loyal employees is empowering them to work on their own schedules.
- We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce makes us a stronger company. We are actively searching for people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Logical Buildings is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.