Product Manager – Microgrid Hardware
We are seeking a talented Product Manager to lead our efforts in developing and managing the hardware components that go into our distributed microgrid systems. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that our PV solar, energy storage systems, switchgear, microgrid controllers, and other hardware components are designed, manufactured, and delivered in a manner which facilitates scale and achieves goals of our customers. You will be responsible for driving the hardware product strategy, defining product requirements, managing the hardware product roadmap, and launching new products. Through deep knowledge and understanding of customer needs and technical expectations, the Product Manager will drive the development of highly scalable solutions that enable growth of current and future microgrid products and solutions. This is a great role for someone looking to play a leadership role at a fast-growing PE backed business. This role will report to our Chief Commercial Officer and is based in Ridgewood, NJ or New York, NY.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for energy storage systems, deployable distributed energy resources, and other hardware components that make up our microgrids.
- Convert broad strategic initiatives into tangible product features and deliverables.
- Work with business development and other teams and conduct market research and analysis to understand customer needs and market trends.
- Work closely with engineering teams and equipment vendors to develop and refine product requirements, focusing on simplicity, scalability, and minimizing customization.
- Manage the product development lifecycle from concept to launch, ensuring products are delivered on time and within budget.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking to ensure our products remain competitive in the market.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to ensure products align with go-to-market strategies and product messaging.
- Develop strong relationships with key customers and partners to gather feedback and understand market needs.
- Monitor product performance and provide recommendations for product improvements or discontinuations.
- Identify and define component integration points.
- Own product analysis to identify, measure, and report on KPIs based on customer satisfaction and business impact, incorporate KPIs into decision-making processes and workflows.
- Prioritize products, features, and architectural improvements to balance current business demands with long-term operational scale and excellence.
- Provide demos and training resources for new products and features.
- Manage product development teams and partners to keep product deployments on budget and schedule.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in product management or related role in hardware development.
- Strong understanding of microgrids, PV solar, energy storage, electrical switchgear, microgrid controllers, and other microgrid hardware components preferred.
- Energized about the company’s mission and vision for a distributed energy future.
- Passionate about working with other businesses and partners to simplify and solve their specific challenges while putting customer trust and experience first.
- Proven history of converting complex technologies into streamlined products that solve customer problems.
- Experienced at negotiating product requirements and managing technical integrations with partners.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track-record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use data for informing decisions, solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and work collaboratively to achieve common goals; experience presenting to senior executives.
- Good understanding and working experience in technology development best practices, and product management technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.