Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The quality role is an integral part of Form Energy and will ensure that all products meet customer and company requirements. Specifically, the Quality Engineer is responsible for developing quality processes and methodologies, including quality/control plans and validating products to meet their design specifications. The responsibilities also include driving continual product and process improvements. You will work with Cell Development, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Suppliers and Operations to address and improve quality/reliability and manufacturability issues. Work will require leading and participating in cross-functional teams. This is a very hands-on role with duties focused on the entire product development lifecycle, from early R&D to validation testing, pilot builds and ultimately, SOP/customer deliveries. To be effective, the candidate will need to be intimately familiar with the technical requirements and functionality of chemical-electro-mechanical assemblies and the tools, equipment used in their development and manufacturing.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Design/Manufacturing Engineering and Suppliers to establish systems, processes to ensure high-performing and quality products
- Establish and maintain product quality and control plans
- Establish quality performance metrics to prevent issues preemptively
- Work with Design/Manufacturing Engineering to determine appropriate product specifications and tolerances
- Audit manufacturing lines against released designs, manufacturing processes and procedures
- Lead/assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues
- Monitor quality, determine root cause(s), and implement effective short-term permanent countermeasure(s)
- Process and implement engineering change(s) (ECO’s) accurately and efficiently
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with Design/Manufacturing Engineering and external Suppliers
- Work with Supplier Quality Engineering and Suppliers to develop inspection standards, ensuring high-quality incoming parts in order to meet production requirements
- Take part in ongoing product optimizations with respect to both cost and technology innovations
- Drive FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified in early development and risks properly mitigated
- Provide design for manufacturability feedback to engineering teams, as well as participate in DFM reviews
- Analyze and disposition component and product defects as a member of the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Effectively utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) as well as critical thinking to efficiently problem solve
- Implement systems/processes to ensure proper defect detection capabilities and proper traceability coverage
What You'll Bring:
- 5 to 10 years experience of quality systems experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, SPC, DFMEA, PFMEA
- Strong aptitude with electronic test and measurements systems
- Basic understanding of reliability fundamentals, including validation tracks as well as tools, modeling, to calculate metrics such as, Mean Time to Failure (MTTF), estimated warranty costs, etc.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams
- Structured problem-solving (8D) and analytical skills, including strong technical skills in statistical tools, Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Capability (Cpk, Ppk), etc.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software
- Bachelor’s degree in ME or EE or similar fields required
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S, TPS, TQM, etc., highly desired
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.