Resonant Link envisions a world with untethered batteries to electrify the future of work, logistics, transportation, and patient care, enabling a healthier, more sustainable future. Our innovative, world-class team focuses on transforming wireless charging to:
- Power fleets while they work: integrating our fast, wireless chargers into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts).
- Eliminate drivelines and battery replacement surgeries, for patients, forever: integrating our fast, efficient, and tiny wireless chargers into active, implantable medical devices like neurostimulators, pumps, and pacemakers.
As Director of Government Programs and Funding, you will be responsible for developing non-dilutive funding strategy in alignment with product and deployment roadmap. You will work to identify, develop and win federal, state, and local government funding opportunities for Resonant Link and our world-class wireless chargers for electric vehicles and medical devices. You will serve as the primary interface for key government grants and incentives.
We’re committed to building a healthy, collaborative culture - and to help us deliver on our mission, we’re looking for empathetic problem solvers and leaders, with a passion for solving big challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization. If you get energized by working at the intersection of team, tools, and technology, we’re excited for you to bring your expertise, creativity, and leadership to the team!
Resonant Link is based in Vermont, with some teammates co-working in Boston, San Francisco, and Zurich, and others working remotely. Our investors & partners include The Engine, Emerson Collective, Volta Energy Technologies, National Science Foundation, the Department of Defense, Cyclotron Road / Activate, Stanford, Dartmouth, Third Sphere, Scout Ventures and others.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Develop non-dilutive funding strategy in alignment with product roadmap, with buy-in from Commercial, Product, Engineering and Leadership teams
- Identify and develop public sector funding opportunities for wireless charging for electric vehicles and medical devices
- Lead Resonant Link’s engagement with relevant stakeholders, funding agencies, strategic partners and government on a national, state and local level
- Advocate For Resonant Link’s interests to public officials at all levels of government
- Lead funding proposal development and submission, including developing project plans and drafting funding narrative, with the help of a third-party grant writing consultancy
- Aptitude for outreach, forming relationships and exploring strategic partnership, with experience in government relations on a national, state and local level
- Knowledge of and experience working with federal agencies, including organizational structure, process, and policy objectives
- Preference for knowledge of how to navigate and monitor policy changes that influence government funding sources
- Ability to set strategies on government funding and policy aligned with technology and product roadmaps
- Experience identifying and developing government funding and contract opportunities
- Preference for experience with public sector opportunities in Clean Tech/Climate Tech or Medical Devices
- Experience with business development, marketing, or sales strategies focused on building interest and public awareness for complex technical products.
- Experience leading proposal development, ideally with experience in funding opportunities in technology startups (startup experience not required).
- The role can be 100% remote. The candidate should be comfortable with around 25-30% travel to government offices, national labs, Burlington HQ, and conferences / trade shows.
Who we’re looking for:
- You operate with empathy, integrity, and a growth mindset, viewing mistakes and challenges as learning opportunities and building upon your successes. You challenge yourself to continuously grow and improve.
- You’re adept at working in a distributed, dynamic environment, and feel comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- You’re a collaborative, respectful, and honest team member - you understand the impact of your work/your team’s work on other projects and people, and you know together is always better!
- You're a creative problem solver, taking initiative to own and solve problems with a mindset of continuous improvement - ensuring bigger picture issues are addressed, not just the problem at hand.
- Your attention to detail is unparalleled and you will work to systematically to drive our revenue metrics.
- You’re able to think several steps ahead to mitigate downstream risks, and are not afraid of asking questions to proactively identify issue or broaden your understanding.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus strength in customer-facing document preparation.
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- Paid holidays (including a week off at new year) and an unlimited vacation policy
- The flexibility to work anywhere and a home office stipend for fully remote employees
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees
- 401(k) retirement benefit
- Generous paid parental and family leave
- Learning/career development investment in your professional and personal growth including hiring outside mentors, professional development courses, and more
- Company outings & team retreat
Even if you don't meet every requirement, if you see yourself contributing to our team, we encourage you to apply!
Resonant Link is an equal opportunity employer and includes “Together is Better” as a core value. Resonant Link is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, reproductive health decision-making, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the future of wireless charging.