WAP Sustainability works with corporate, local government and academic clients as an outsourced sustainability service. WAP Sustainability provides your organization ...View Company Profile
WAP Sustainability is seeking a motivated, values-driven individual to join our team of sustainability catalysts. This role will require strong technical skills and a passion for improving the environment by addressing the human health impacts of leading products and companies. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced business setting focused on innovation, entrepreneurship, and change and willing to learn, grow, and maintain their expertise as the industry progresses.
The ideal candidate will have documented experience conducting and managing Life Cycle Assessments, developing disclosures such as EPDs, PEF, or PEP, evaluating material and supply chain hotspots, providing insights that inform strategy, and managing related product change. Experience with carbon neutrality, LCA verification, and Embodied Carbon programs is preferred and with preparing chemical transparency documentation for building and consumer product companies, such as Health Product Declarations (HPDs) and Declare Labels.
Priority will be given to candidates with project management experience who are independently-driven problem solvers and effective collaborators who can contribute a service-based attitude to the role, day in and day out.
This is a full-time position. Relocation is not required.
- Ability to effectively manage and organize multiple consulting projects.
- Independence, drive and trust working in a remote atmosphere.
- Ability to define and communicate solutions to unstructured problems while being effective at both high-level thought and the management of relevant details.
- Ability to inspire and educate co-workers and clients with actions, empathy and knowledge.
- Ability to understand and evaluate a client’s business model, drivers and culture to identify how and where LCA and Embodied Carbon can supplement and drive their unique business value.
- Ability to navigate through complicated and complex data to understand what is essential in moving a project and strategy forward towards completion.
- Ability to motivate and lead by example.
- Proficiency in at least one major LCA software such as GaBi, SimaPro and/or OpenLCA.
- Knowledge of leading LCA standards and methodologies, both domestically and internationally.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support and manage Life Cycle Assessments and related projects for manufacturing, consumer products, and financial service clients.
- Perform LCA modeling using leading LCA software packages.
- Develop LCA-related tools and training for clients.
- Develop embodied carbon reduction targets and carbon neutrality goals using leading methodologies and standards.
- Manage supplier data collection and engagement.
- Manage environmental impact disclosure projects such as EPDs, PEPs, or PEFs, among others.
- Collaborate on product-level strategy and support the management of multi-year strategic outcomes for clients across a variety of sectors.
- Identify opportunities for impact reductions using various tools, including energy generation and efficiency, optimized materials, carbon credit procurement, and supply chain engagement.
- Collaborate with team members cross-functionally to support and leverage other services, such as carbon accounting, climate risk, material health and toxicology, and ESG reporting.
- Support colleagues in a fashion that builds their expertise and supports knowledge transfer and growth.
- Continually educate yourself on trends and changes related to LCA methodologies, markets and reporting standards. Provide education on trends and evolving standards to the WAP team and clients.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, sustainability or another related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Consulting experience preferred.
- Professional certifications such as American Center for Life Cycle Assessment Certified Practitioner (ACLCACP) and Certified Lifecycle Assessment Reviewer (CLAR) are preferred.
- LCA verification and PCR development experience preferred.