While interest in electric vehicles is at an all-time high, new EVs are still out of reach for most consumers, ...View Company Profile
As the Actuarial Product Analyst at Amber, you will be working directly with the founding team on a variety of key activities, including product development and pricing, underwriting, growth and profitability. Our ideal candidate has strong analytical skills and a startup mentality, and is willing to get their hands dirty and get things done.
- Develop core financial product by researching, gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop rates and rules for new products and adopt changes to existing program based on market feedback.
- Develop new features and automations in our underwriting to support risk decisions.
- Partner with our marketing and business development team to develop actionable risk management playbooks.
- Build business intelligence metrics and perform data analysis to inform and support strategic decision-making around profitability and growth.
- Support ongoing process of filing new programs with individual states.
The Right Stuff:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline
- 5+ years P&C experience in Actuary, insurance product management, underwriting, process automation (insurance/lending/security etc.), or similar fields
- Insurtech and/or Fintech startup experience strongly preferred; Experience building product from 0 to 1 strongly preferred
- You are energetic, resourceful and self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- Knowledge (and/or fast learner) of SQL or other data query tools
- Plus if you have experience with product implementation or defining business and technical requirements for successful deployment of production
- Plus if you have working experience with electric vehicles