Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 200+ experts from 29 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we are currently establishing our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
In the coming years, we will focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually and creating 1200 direct jobs.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure toshape the future of European mobility.
A new exciting opportunity to join our amazing Sustainability & Innovation Team !
- Manage traceability project (planning, costs, budget, deliverables), coordinate with partners to follow the ESG due diligence planning and to deploy the traceability system
- Coordinate with raw material suppliers to ensure they follow our Sustainability commitments and comply with the ESG due diligence process (for instance filling out the questionnaire, answering their questions, preparing audits, defining targets for suppliers and following their action plans)
- Liaison with the Procurement, Supply Chain, Quality and Sustainability teams on Sustainability topics related to supply chain
- Work with the suppliers to collect all traceability and ESG information to the source of the raw materials
- Update the ESG due diligence process and standards following the European Battery regulation
- Manage and refine onboarding process of new suppliers
- Update the traceability system based on regulatory follow-up
- Participate in European projects on traceability / contribute in a task force/ecosystem anticipating the future of traceability in accordance with customer requirements (depending on the above tasks)
Key Outcomes & Measurements:
- Improve traceability system to be in line with Battery regulation and customer requirements on time for 2024
- Implement the road map to achieve Verkor traceability target
- Maintain positive relationships with suppliers and partners
- Experience in a role involving operations or logistics (2-3 years or less)
- Demonstrated passion to work on sustainability challenges and to seek for transparency in business practices
- Good communicator with customer or supplier-facing experience
- Experience with mining certifications is a plus.
- Project management experience
- Self-starter, ability to drive project in autonomy
- Flexibility and ready to get involved in a start-up environment
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Live and work in the Green Capital of Europe
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT).
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts