Refurbed operates as an online marketplace for refurbished products in the german-speaking world. It sells renewed phones, laptops and tablets ...View Company Profile
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
We founded our company in February 2017 and grew to more than 300 employees in the last five years and already expanded from Germany and Austria already to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and further European countries. Along the way we won several awards, completed two large funding rounds and have already sold hundreds of thousands of products, which makes us one of the fastest growing startups in Europe right now. Our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, how to create a brand and how to scale a marketplace.
For our Finance team, we are looking for a young talent that is eager to learn and support us as our Finance Associate (m/f/x). You will report to our Head of Finance & Business Operations, this role will give you a unique opportunity to grow your expertise in a fast-paced environment.
Together with you and your talent we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
Who you are:
- You have an education in Accounting or Finance or equivalent.
- You have 1 or 2 years of work experience in a Finance department and are hungry to learn.
- You are eager to drive operational change and innovate administrative processes.
- You are keen on accuracy and quality as well as paying attention to detail.
- You have a can-do mentality and do not use the term “That doesn’t work”.
- You work independently and are goal-oriented.
- You care about the world and want to spend your time making a difference.
- You are fluent in German and English.
What you will do
- You will learn first-hand how to scale a business with a big vision and mission.
- You will support our Finance & Business Operations team in defining and implementing new finance processes e.g., for new business initiatives (e.g. BuyBack or B2B).
- You will review our existing business operations processes and drive their redesign to ensure future scalability and efficient automation, where applicable.
- You will support the team in evaluating current processes, as well as find tools and new processes to further improve our finance setting (e.g. expense management, time recognition, travel bookings, merchant risk management).
- You will support our Marketplace Manager managing and improving our collaboration with external payment service providers.
- You will collaborate with all departments to deliver your tasks.
Additional factors we appreciate
- You are skilled in using Excel.
- You have passion for operational finance tasks.
Be part of our mission:
Let’s not waste our talent and use our valuable time to make a difference and help fix our planet. We care about the world – Join us on our mission and be part of our exciting journey!
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!