Join us on the journey to get to net zero
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action.
Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science
We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Customer Success Manager to join our team at Carbon Direct. The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for building strong relationships with our clients and ensuring they receive maximum value from our carbon accounting product and related services. The ideal candidate will have experience managing enterprise customers and helping scale the customer experience for early stage products. (Experience in carbon accounting is a plus, but not required.)
Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our C-Suite clients and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Understand client goals, objectives, and pain points to provide solutions that drive value and growth
- Conduct regular check-ins and touch points with clients to ensure they are achieving their desired outcomes
- Lead internal project management of carbon accounting team to ensure footprint delivery is on track with deadlines set with customers
- Manage client escalations and work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Build scalable processes to improve delivery efficiency and drive customer satisfaction
- Identify opportunities to upsell and expand our offerings with existing clients
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to relay product feedback to customers, and ensure the roadmap is aligned to customer needs
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop and deliver customer success collateral, including case studies, testimonials, and success stories
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices related to carbon accounting
- Participate in customer success-related events and webinars to promote our brand and offerings
- Experience in a customer success, account management, consulting or a client-facing role, ideally for SaaS products or other technology solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with C-suite level clients and internal teams
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Passion for climate change and sustainability with a deep understanding of the industry and its challenges
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience working with carbon accounting products is a plus
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
Our U.S. benefits* include:
Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's
16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement
Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats
Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.