Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We seek a highly motivated and hands-on individual to join our Technical Operations team. As a build technician, you will play a vital role in implementing the latest battery designs into our full scale prototype build line. In this role you will coordinate directly with various engineering teams to set up, document and troubleshoot experimental battery builds. Your workstream will directly support the deployment of technical breakthroughs from our R&D teams into our manufacturing production lines. This position offers a unique opportunity for an individual to work on scrappy R&D projects, as well as on a polished manufacturing line, to directly impact our iron air battery production process.
What You'll Do:
- Inspect, organize, and prepare device components and hardware for experimental assembly using Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Complete high-quality work from various teams adhering to individual timelines
- Document and organize device assembly notes and status for performance traceability
- Manage parts and consumable inventories for standard builds
- Recommend, as well as facilitate installation and assembly of new equipment or tools to increase process efficiency
- Monitor and offer recommendations for keeping Cell Assembly documentation up to date
What You'll Bring:
- Experience scaling up benchtop assembly or with at-scale manufacturing
- Familiarity with lean concepts to organize and maintain inventory and work stations
- Strong sense of patience and safety in a fast paced environment
- Written and oral communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization
- Comfort using digital tools and organizational software. We use Asana, Google Apps, and a virtual lab notebook.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.