Scale Microgrid Solutions
Scale Microgrid Solutions (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean ...View Company Profile
We are looking for a Strategy Operations Lead to manage a wide range of strategic cross-company projects that will drive growth and critical thinking. You will work cross-functionally to improve business processes and strategies whilst developing solutions to business challenges. Working closely with the executive team you will define and implement the company’s growth strategy and ensure effective operational execution across all functions. You will report to our Director of Strategic Initiatives and be based in New York City with periodic travel to our headquarters in Ridgewood, NJ. Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Scale, with the ability to influence colleagues to implement our vision and strategy through a strong emphasis on key enterprise initiatives and innovative growth opportunities.
- Lead critical company-wide and business unit-level projects, focused on top strategic items, including organizational development, reorganization, corporate process definitions, integrations, and more.
- Design and implement complex business and operational systems and processes.
- Participate as an integral part of yearly strategy and company goal planning.
- Conduct research and analysis to inform strategic decision-making.
- Develop recommendations and proposals to address business challenges and opportunities.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on business issues and best practices.
- Assist with change management efforts related to strategic initiatives.
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate recommendations and proposals to senior leadership.
- Drive project management, including creating project plans, tracking progress, and reporting on status.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, internal consulting, business operations, or related fields. 5+ years preferred.
- Experience working in the renewable energy industry or construction industry preferred.
- Comfort with a constantly evolving and sometimes ambiguous landscape with a high capacity for conceptual thinking; commitment to flexibility and an ability to operate with minimal direction.
- Experience in product or project management, taking initiatives from conception to launch.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience in conducting research and analysis to inform decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with experience in presenting to senior leadership.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
This is a great opportunity to have a long-term impact on a fast-paced, private equity-backed growth business. Some of the core virtues embraced by Scales’ employees include:
· Do the Right Thing
· Act Like An Owner
· Demand Results
· Go Together
· Evolve or Disappear
We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program including medical benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K matching.
About Scale Microgrids
Scale Microgrids (“Scale”) is a fully integrated distributed energy platform focused on designing, implementing and financing innovative distributed clean energy solutions. Through its leading technical expertise and access to scale capital, Scale helps its customers transition to a decentralized energy future by providing and financing sustainable, cost-effective, and resilient power solutions. Scale has its own proprietary microgrid solution which provides customer with cheaper, cleaner and more reliable power, and also partners with third party developers to acquire and/or finance a broader range of distributed energy assets.
We raised $500MM from Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, to fund our business plan and accelerate growth. We are growing quickly and looking to augment the team with highly motivated entrepreneurial talent.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm with nearly $60 billion in assets under management (AUM). Its active portfolio of more than 180 companies around the globe is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. To learn more about Warburg Pincus, please visit https://www.warburgpincus.com/.
Scale strives to attract and retain a workforce that reflects the composition of our customer base and communities. We are committed to providing a work environment that provides everyone equal access and opportunity to contribute and drive meaningful outcomes. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply and will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.