Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 45 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We’re looking for a talented software engineer with passion for backend web applications, APIs, and databases to join our software engineering team. You’ll play a critical role in building software that empowers owners and operators of solar farms around the world. Our engineers collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to define features and technical roadmaps.
- Design, build, test, deploy, and maintain backend software and architecture including Python APIs.
- Assist development of frontend applications as needed including React clients
- Contribute to individual and team projects by managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Support your team. Improve team tools and processes and grow your teammates’ capabilities
- Prepare and participate in software design discussions and code reviews
- Communicate and problem solve with various stakeholders such as customer facing teams, product management, and leadership.
- Intellectual curiosity - You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology. You quickly become interested and experiment. You ask silly questions by nature.
- Intelligence - You can learn anything if you put your mind to it. You’ve demonstrated excellence in diverse fields or interests and can wear many hats.
- Drive - You are highly self-motivated and enjoy making an impact. You’re focused, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a driven team.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development using general purpose languages(e.g. Python, Java, Node, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with modern web development and data modeling
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Healthcare with dental and vision options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.